Looking for clean AC30 amps

Yea, too much grind for me. If you ever played a Vox AC30. it gets really clean when the volume is around 2-3 (and still plenty loud)
I mentioned this before, but output volume can be changed independent of the tone and clipping characteristics on the model. I know you know this, I'm just re-stating it to be pedantic. I usually recommend focusing on the tone and clipping characteristics you want first, and then using the level knob to make it as loud or as quiet as you need it to be after that. Barring Feltcher-Munson stuff, it's a lot nicer than in-real-life amps where you can find a tone you like, but not necessarily at the volume you want it at.

Matchless DC-30 or Morgan AC-20 are much better IMO than AC-30.

With the DC-30, there's an almost instant "chime" as the bright switch is engaged and you turn the treble up a bit. Don't forget to engaged the low cut switch under the bass knob. As you slowly turn up the drive knob, it's just magical.

as much as i love those types of tones, the AC20 has never done it for me, in the Axe or in the analog world. different strokes...glad there's something for everyone!

Back
Top Bottom