Looking for answer on "tuner on heel down" problem

RLD

Inspired
Long time FAS user and have never had a problem on any gig and I play a lot.
I use an FM3 live and have volume pedal set for tuner on heel down position.
Last gig tuner did not come on with heel down. Volume pedal still functioned normally.
Could not figure out what was going on and eventually rebooted, still tuner did not come on.
Tempo/tuner button allowed me to tune so no biggie.
Next day fired up FM3 to troubleshoot and everything functions as normal.
Wondering if anyone has experienced similar or can offer explanation/ideas.
Thanks.

I cannot address the "why", but this exact same issue has happened to me. Thought it was my exp pedal but then it worked just fine the next day.

Reactions: RLD
Something similar has happened to me too, it was a defective cable soldering job on my part. Fixed that and it's been solid since.

Reactions: RLD
Had a gig last night...as usual everything worked perfect...it's a mystery inside an enigma.

Had a gig last night...as usual everything worked perfect...it's a mystery inside an enigma.
I wonder about venue power. I posted about this, but I had an experience during a gig where all the foot switches kept freezing up. I rebooted three times and it kept doing it. This freeze had happened once before during rehearsal, but was fixed by one restart.

After the gig, I tried repeatedly to get the FM3 to do this again, and could not replicate.

The other guitarist in the band had some weird issues that night also (uses a traditional rig) and thought the venue might have had dirty power. I talked to Fractal support and the tech said this could have been a cause, but wasn't sure because there apparently is a known issue.

Anyway, I'm wondering if this kind of anomalous glitch might be related to the power you are plugged into. I did not have mine plugged into a good power conditioner or anything, but plan to always do so going forward.

Back
Top Bottom