looking for a precise JCM 2000 DSL 100 Lead 2 Channel Replica

Crank

Hey people,

long time, no see. I've been an Ultra user for a couple of years now, probably one of the first ones here in Poland. Very successful with the unit, both on stage and in studio. I always make patches completely customized, using different preamps and different power stages, and so on. But now I'd like to recreate some classical amp + cab setup. This is JCM 2000 DSL 100 channel 2, lead 2. There is JCM800, JCM900, PLexi and JP-1 amps (pre-s) and I don't know which sound would be the most suitable. The thing is that I played JCM 2000 years ago I don't have enough of experience with that so I can recreate the sound out of memory. Could you please help me out with this one? I want to be able to get classic lead tone and still be able to crank it with some OD in front. The guitar of reference would be Strat with YJM pickup at the bridge position, which is pretty powerful.

Can anyone help me?

cheers,
mike

Thanks. Yes, it's much better than my memory. I actually listened to the clip several times and basically it's the sound I'm looking for (in fact few gain stages lower than that). Maybe someone else had the same quest for JCM 2000 tone and maybe have some insights like amp sim and/or cab to start with. Cab probably 4x12 t75 or JCM 2000 or 4x12 Brit. First time Tone Matching could come handy, yet Ultra hasn't got one.

BTW. Właśnie zobaczyłem, że jestem z Warszawy :)

Thanks. Yes, it's much better than my memory. I actually listened to the clip several times and basically it's the sound I'm looking for (in fact few gain stages lower than that). Maybe someone else had the same quest for JCM 2000 tone and maybe have some insights like amp sim and/or cab to start with. Cab probably 4x12 t75 or JCM 2000 or 4x12 Brit. First time Tone Matching could come handy, yet Ultra hasn't got one.

BTW. Właśnie zobaczyłem, że jestem z Warszawy :)

Hi Crank. There really is something special about the JCM 2000 DSL100 from the the late 90's and early 2000's. I've used them for years and have always tried to nail that tone with the Axe. The model I've gotten closest with is actually the Atomica High and adjusting the Depth parameter to mimic the "Deep" switch. On the actual amp, Lead 1 has more than enough gain for what I do and I keep it around 5 on the model. For Lead 2, I'm sure goosing the gain on the model will provide you with all you need. The IR is the trickiest part. I use Mesa sims with V30s, but that's just personal preference.

Good luck, and I hope you're able to get the tone you're after.

Thanks Justin, I'll try that next Tuesday. In fact I always use V30 Mesa cab since it's also my favorite IR there is in stock. In real life too :) I don't think I've ever tried Atomic High. Gotta be the first time for everything! Will keep you posted.

Wysłane z mojego iPhone przez Tapatalk

@Justin

Can't find the Atomic High on the manual, are you sure it's there? I will get to the unit tomorrow, now I only have the book to read ;)

You won't find Atomic High, it's in AFX II. Looks like JustinYork didn't noticed you hava an Ultra...

Back
Top Bottom