Looking for a new preset (tone)

Chrose1201

Inspired
Hi all. I'm looking for some recommendations. I play in a southern rock leaning and classic rock band using the FM3. I play a Les Paul primarily and for the last year have been gigging using Austin Buddy's "Bassguy" preset on the Medium Clean scene. With the CS2 drive I can get a lot done, but I feel like I am getting a bit fatigued and want a little more. The current set up is good, but we do other songs where I could use a little more "hair" (both in the amp and on my head) I was looking into the Soldano presets as some of the best tones I have heard come from the SLO's (Eric Clapton "Tearing us apart at Knebworth" case in point) So AB's presets have 9 Soldano presets. I think I like the scene "Clean X88 preamp Soldano -CX2" with the CS2 gives me some great tones I think for the cleaner southern rock tunes, Tom Petty etc. But when we play things like Already Gone, Whiskey Man and The Outlaws tunes I want something that will give me that singing clean drive tone. Got a little hair but when you boost it up it won't fuzz out. Essentially a classic non master volume amp running at 10. The "lead" presets for the Soldano have too much gain and effects to be much use for me.
I am not a tweaker so I really need the plug'n play. Any thoughts, suggestions, presets will be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried any drives as an alternative to the amp boost? Try a Klon at zero drive, and if that’s too much set the eq for pre and drop all bands 2db. That’s what I’m using, either the amp alone or with boost or a drive. You should be able to adjust amps with only the authentic controls, no need to go deeper unless you want to. Copy your Bassguy preset to another slot and switch out the Bassguy for a Deluxe Reverb and adjust using only the basic controls. I like the vibrato channel.

Have you tried turning on the preamp boost in the Bassguy amp block? One of my most used presets for classic rock is the Bassguy with the preamp boost on (I have a switch assigned to turn on the boost, and my expression pedal controls the amount of boost - great for smoothly increasing the gain for a solo).

Have you tried turning on the preamp boost in the Bassguy amp block? One of my most used presets for classic rock is the Bassguy with the preamp boost on (I have a switch assigned to turn on the boost, and my expression pedal controls the amount of boost - great for smoothly increasing the gain for a solo).
I do. I got a 2 button external switch. One I use for the tuner and the other is to hit the boost. For the most part I have it on all the time and just use the volume pot on the guitar. I have added a One Control Green Persian to the signal chain as an extra added boost. Ultimately though I would like to have a 3rd scene for the slightly harder stuff. Or swap out the Bassguy if I can find 3 scenes that will do everything I would like.

My clean sound is the Bassman, and my dirt sound is the JM45 because it is sonically close to the Bassman. I think it works perfectly for a little bit “more’ and you can make it as gainy (or not) as you like. I put a Klon in front to push it a bit too.

Back
Top Bottom