Looking for a camera for filming gigs

This is an old statement but it seems that it still applies. My Lumix (new as of a few years ago) has the limit.

1666626150844.png

Which Lumix? The I know the S5 has some limits but most Lumix ones don't. My GH5s don't have any recording limits. God, I love those cameras.

From what I'm seeing online, the camera actually has a time limit of around 30 minutes or 2 GBs for files, whichever comes first. Im willing to bet if you reduced the quality of the video (for example, using 1080p instead of 4k) it would get closer to the 30 minute limit. 1080 on a Sony camera will always look better than 4K on even the nicest phone. There are also some videos/articles I'm seeing about removing the 30 minute limit.
yeah, i don't ever bother with 4k, not even for the "good stuff" :-D.

For these purposes, I'd be happy with 720 or maybe even less, although I suppose if I end up shooting landscape mode it'd be nice to have some extra pixels so I can crop to portrait mode for mobile devices...

A friend of mine owns a Nikon DSLR (not sure what model) that has a 20-minute video clip limit, because of potential overheating issues. The camera sets off an alarm that indicates approaching time limit, then unless you turn off recording, the camera will do so itself.

My friend's camera was from 2010 but purchased used in 2015, so I'd safely say that several model iterations later, Nikon may have improved on their time limit or recording ability...

This is what I use and the picture is great and the sound is also very good.
Cannon EOS Rebel T3 Digital SLR

Back
Top Bottom