Longest time between updates for the FM3...is this it?

So you're saying there IS a private beta?!? :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
Parks And Recreation Ive Said Too Much GIF

There's already speculation that the Helix was dragged back due to them trying to keep all units on par. Not saying it's same as Fractal ,
But the Axe Fx , flag ship unit, is Cliffs pride and joy, he clearly finds tons of joy in improving / adding for his loyal fan base. Than the updates for other units gets handed to other developers to keep up with the mad scientist. Don't rain on the guys parade , either quit updating your Axe Fx to match your Fm3 , or buy the flagship unit 🤷

There's already speculation that the Helix was dragged back due to them trying to keep all units on par. Not saying it's same as Fractal ,
But the Axe Fx , flag ship unit, is Cliffs pride and joy, he clearly finds tons of joy in improving / adding for his loyal fan base. Than the updates for other units gets handed to other developers to keep up with the mad scientist. Don't rain on the guys parade , either quit updating your Axe Fx to match your Fm3 , or buy the flagship unit 🤷
yeah you sort of have to accept it going in....and it's honestly why i don't make my life easier with the FM9. As much as I'd love to not lug the III around to everything, I like having all the new stuff too much to give it up lol.

I know you're being funny, but just to be clear:

I really know nothing about whether there is or is not a private beta for FM3.
Of course, but beyond that I sometimes like to stir the pot. Never know when someone might take it seriously.

Afterall, you can never have too much fiction.

What do you dislike about current amp models?
My FM3 works on live performances and there needs to be a gapless switching. My vote is for switching without gaps.
Let's be patient. I am sure that Fractal will make the switching without gaps and transfer the new algorithms to FM3

Last edited:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/dumb-question-about-fm3-mark-ii-turbo-vs-axe-iii.201788/

if you refer to this it suggests that porting new algorithm from the axe3 to fm3 is causing headaches. Don't know what part of the algorithm - but I would rather have the amp modelling the same as the other units than gapless etc.
The post he quoted is asking about the spring reverb. I assume that's at least one thing that needs more work on the FM3, since it was said earlier that it's quite demanding. This isn't a case of choosing between gapless and improved amp modeling, that's not how it works. Also, the FM9 public beta firmware only came out a few weeks ago, so... be patient, I guess?

What do you dislike about current amp models?
My FM3 works on live performances and there needs to be a gapless switching. My vote is for switching without gaps.
Let's be patient. I am sure that Fractal will make the switching without gaps and transfer the new algorithms to FM3
But you also want the USB recording latency to work correctly as well?

People want different things from their units but I've never seen a poll as to what people want.

Back
Top Bottom