Longer clip of minor blues Strat > Mr Z38

Gary, you always manage to nail such great tone. The playing is a big parts of it, of course, but you've got a great ear. Very nice, my friend.

Gary, you always manage to nail such great tone. The playing is a big parts of it, of course, but you've got a great ear. Very nice, my friend.
Cheers Rick - switching to a vintage-style wiring harness/pickup switching system and Rocketfire pickups has definitely taken my strat to a different level. I was this close to shopping for another guitar, but now I'm super-happy with this one.

Glad you found the ticket to the sound you wanted. I hate when a guitar plays awesomely, but sounds terrible. It's cool the pickups and wiring made that much difference. I've used that Mr Z preset with my PRS 513 and it sounds really good.

Glad you found the ticket to the sound you wanted. I hate when a guitar plays awesomely, but sounds terrible. It's cool the pickups and wiring made that much difference. I've used that Mr Z preset with my PRS 513 and it sounds really good.
Yeah, I've had this strat since I was 18 - paid it off week by week working a super-shitty night-shift job loading and unloading trucks. Hard for me to let it go. Feels so good to play, and now it's finally giving up the goods tone-wise that I've wanted. AX8 doesn't hurt in that regard either ;)

I was never into PRS guitars until I heard David Grissom and that converted me pretty convincingly ;) the 513 looks like a pretty sweet (and versatile) axe! Post some clips of yours!

Back
Top Bottom