Lonestar

chancefx

Hello

I just starting using the Lodestar (TX Star clean) for a big, thick clean tone. I have input drive at 4.8, master at 6.77 and everything else at default values. Cab is TX Star 121 from Cab Pack 10. I love the cleans I'm getting...one of my favorite in the whole box. So good!

Here's my question, is it possible to get a really nice, smooth semi-clean / breakup tone with this amp? So far, I haven't been able to find it. For lack of a better description, the breakup sounds too crisp (maybe harsh?) and not smooth enough. Is it better to turn up the input drive or master? Guitar is a tele, vintage type pickups.

I have zero experience with the actual amp and therefore don't have a good sense of what to expect. Any input or suggestions are appreciated.

FW 18.11

Thanks!

I use the lone star with input at 5.5 then use the av booster with gain and tone low to get a nice smooth sound if I need more I use the bb pre as a y setting on my drive block instant Andy Timmons. The treble and presence controls are very powerful in Boogies, and the awesome models of them in the axe fx, play with those too.

Thanks for the above info and suggestions. Dblue, I'm liking both of the drive combinations. Also, I'm definitely taking a little presence out. Thanks!

Just a little more context. I like to run my presets with the same amp on both X and Y of the amp block. X is a clean amp tone and Y is the same amp but with a slight breakup. Then, I like to use the drive block(s) to push it further....4 or more different gain stages. It's the Y amp setting that I'm trying to get a smoother setting.

Love this box. So many great tones!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you checked out this post? Not sure if it is what you're looking for but it is the Lonestar.

Lines In The Sand Solo/interlude - FW 18.06 TX Star Lead!

Sent from Moto X

Wow, that was great. Probably a little too much gain for my purpose...but, I did download the patch and learned how well the amp responds to the guitar's volume knob. Thanks for pointing me in that direction.

Try the tx star lead and start from very low gain. It's quite similar but with a little less high frequenzy boost.

Thanks Thomas. Would you leave the Input and Master knobs at around 5? I'm just learning to navigate the Mesa's Input/Overdrive/Master set up. It's a new world for me. Most of the 'real' amps I've owned and spent any time with are master volume only.

Wow, that was great. Probably a little too much gain for my purpose...but, I did download the patch and learned how well the amp responds to the guitar's volume knob. Thanks for pointing me in that direction.

Thanks Thomas. Would you leave the Input and Master knobs at around 5? I'm just learning to navigate the Mesa's Input/Overdrive/Master set up. It's a new world for me. Most of the 'real' amps I've owned and spent any time with are master volume only.

I guess no more than 5 on the master. Let the preamp do the job. I don't know about the input drive. On my real lonestar there are two gains. The second one has a bright cap. I am not sure if the model has. The bass controll is the hardest part. I usually set it with the neck pickup to check the mud. It's a funny kind of amp if set right. Aspecially for blues and stuff like that . :)

Back
Top Bottom