Logic X sends signal that cuts my output

Kamelmat

Hi everyone I tryed to find if someone had the same problem and didn’t find anyone.

I open a project I was working on, on logic X. my AXE FX2 XL goes into a MOTU ULTRALITE MK3.

I’ve been using it in several projects.
All of a sudden, when I click on the GUITAR track, it KILLS all my AXE’s OUTPUT even on the Axe phone’s output.

If I close the project everything goes back to normal.

So it must be some sort of Midi info going through the USB cable right? Does anyone know where should I go on Logic to stop it?

Thanks

logic pro x > preferences > midi > reset messages > uncheck everything

if that doesn't work (i don't think it will), you could go to audio/midi setup in mac utilities and take the axe fx midi offline

actually just found it, i think - go to logic pro x > preferences > control surfaces > general and uncheck "control surface follows track selection". that kills the midi message sent out when selecting a track in the arrange window

logic pro x > preferences > midi > reset messages > uncheck everything

if that doesn't work (i don't think it will), you could go to audio/midi setup in mac utilities and take the axe fx midi offline

actually just found it, i think - go to logic pro x > preferences > control surfaces > general and uncheck "control surface follows track selection". that kills the midi message sent out when selecting a track in the arrange window

Thanks a lot Simeon, and sorry for the delayed reply.
It seems that should solve the problem. I am currently waiting to go on stage and won´t be at home until tomorrow to try it. Will let you know if the problem was solved and once again, thanks for taking the time to answer.

HI Simone
I just had time to look at it.
I’m running Logic Pro X version 10.3.0
When I get to preferences > control suefaces there is nothing to check but the controlers (I’m using an Akai MP49)
I can only uncheck it.
The problem persists so it’s not that.
I just couldn’t find the reference you mention.

hmm, i'm on 10.2.4, so they may have changed some stuff around. one thing you can do is download "midi monitor" and set it spy on other programs. select a track and see what midi message logic is putting out. this is very strange, because i have my axe connected via usb and it does nothing when i select a track or anything else in logic, but i have mine set to midi channel 2.

btw, it's not preferences > control surfaces....it's preferences > midi and there's a tab on there for control surfaces

I was having a similar problem. It was an input volume drop rather than output. Only happened when USB was connected and Logic X was open. Didn't find anything inside Logic X but found something on the AxeFx itself. I changed from the value "10" to "none" the "input volume" parameter on I/O menu > Control Tab. Maybe there is some parameter that relates to the output volume.

hmm, i'm on 10.2.4, so they may have changed some stuff around. one thing you can do is download "midi monitor" and set it spy on other programs. select a track and see what midi message logic is putting out. this is very strange, because i have my axe connected via usb and it does nothing when i select a track or anything else in logic, but i have mine set to midi channel 2.

btw, it's not preferences > control surfaces....it's preferences > midi and there's a tab on there for control surfaces

Hi Simeon.
Apparently a lot has changed on 10.3.0 cause I can´t find any of this.
Thanks anyway I´ll keep trying, I Spabeta had a similar problem he solved in the AXE it´s self

I was having a similar problem. It was an input volume drop rather than output. Only happened when USB was connected and Logic X was open. Didn't find anything inside Logic X but found something on the AxeFx itself. I changed from the value "10" to "none" the "input volume" parameter on I/O menu > Control Tab. Maybe there is some parameter that relates to the output volume.

Hi Spabeta, thx for answering.
I will try what you suggest.
Does this affect the general volume on the AXE? or will it make it not follow the volume order?
I am also using an FCB1010 to control it, and it´s also MIDI info... will it make it not respond to midi orders for volume?
Thanks

i think logic sends out a lot of data, but it's all on channel 1

if you simply change the axe to channel 2 and change your footcontroller to channel 2, then it'll solve everything

Hi Spabeta, thx for answering.
I will try what you suggest.
Does this affect the general volume on the AXE? or will it make it not follow the volume order?
I am also using an FCB1010 to control it, and it´s also MIDI info... will it make it not respond to midi orders for volume?
Thanks

Hi,

Since my problem was on the input volume it was like an instant drop of gain, about half, in all the patches. Like rolling off the volume pot on the guitar or reducing the amp overdrive.

I'm not in front of Logic right now but something comes to mind. You may have to turn on Advanced Features to see what simeon is talking about. At least check it out.

Turn on Show Advanced Tools
  1. Choose Logic Pro > Preferences > Advanced.

2. Select the Show Advanced Tools checkbox.
or

Turn on Additional Options
  1. Choose Logic Pro Preferences > Advanced.

2. Select any of the specific additional options you want to use.

Back
Top Bottom