Logic Pro X 10.2 and MacBook Pro 10.9.5

is9582

Power User
On my MBP, I am currently running 10.9.5 and Logic Pro X 10.2. After I play for a while, recording or not recording, all of a sudden the latency increases so it is in the range of 2 seconds. Prior to this change, it is so low that it sounds as though the sound from my played note is in sync with my pic (I have my headphones plugged into the MBP, and I recognize there is a very small amount of latency, but it is extremely low). Almost every time this happens, I have to completely close down Logic, and when it again opens, the latency is again super low. Yesterday, I had the same scenario, with the latency going up to about 2 seconds, and since I was messing with my bass, I didn't stop to restart Logic. After about 5 minutes, I noticed the sound again shifted back to the super low latency.

Yesterday, I'd laid down the drums and bass, for a test project, and about 25 seconds into my playing the rhythm guitar on the third track, it stopped recording and a pop-up box advised that my hard drive was too slow to continue. This is on my MBP that has an SSD as the main storage.

All of my scenarios are while the AxeFXII is connected to the MBP via USB, and the Axe is setup as the input source. Any input on anything I might do different to reduce or prevent these issues?

Cheers,

Lee

Honestly I have seen the same issues since upgrading to Mavericks and further to Yosemite.
10.6 Snow Leopard was the last super stable system for me using it with Logic 9.
I did skip Lion and Mountain Lion so I can't comment to their stability.

When you are using the same system, same hard drive and then suddenly your hard drive is not fast enough.

You might play with the USB buffer settings but I firmly believe it is an Apple issue.

I run into the same issue. Definitely an issue with logic and buffer overrun.

I just close the program and retrack. Doesn't happen always, but definitely a USB issue. Happens with all my Interfaces.

Thanks guys! I appreciate the input.

Wish they (Apple) were as responsive as Cliff and team, and I'm sure the patch to fix these issues would be out by next Monday. Haha. At least a reboot of Logic does resolve the issue temporarily. I just hate it when I'm laying down an off-the-cuff lead, and the recording just stops, as my first take is usually my best.

Cheers,

Lee

Back
Top Bottom