Logic Pro or garage band with axe fx 2

Lol geez I'm still learning garage band now starting with logic 9 I'm far from ready to use logic x hope it's going to be a while lol

I'm not a Garage Band hater. I think it is cool. I find it too confining for my work flow is all.

Logic 9 dropped in July '09 and 9.1 was January '10. So while they were very early to support 64-bit they haven't had a major release in 40 months. If they did I missed it. That's pretty slow. I'm no Logic hater. I was an Emagic Logic PC user back in the day and Apple bought Emagic and left me out in the cold. I've used Logic 9. I think it is great. I'm very happy to hear there will be a V10 release. I can't wait to see the feature set. The DAW wars benefits all and who knows they might even convince me to buy.

Going back to the original topic I didn't know there was a work-around for the 48 kHz thing. If it works for you Garage band is very easy to use and projects can be ported to Logic easily down the line if you want.

One final comment on Reaper, you can download it and use it for free. Technically paying the licence isn't elective but it will function without a licence fully featured. They are liberal about it (which I think is brilliant, easier to buy if you can try and it takes a lot of time on a DAW to decide if you love it). If you decide you like it you can pay. Food for thought since it sounds like Garage Band may fit your needs.

Have fun.

I'm not a Garage Band hater. I think it is cool. I find it too confining for my work flow is all.

Logic 9 dropped in July '09 and 9.1 was January '10. So while they were very early to support 64-bit they haven't had a major release in 40 months. If they did I missed it. That's pretty slow. I'm no Logic hater. I was an Emagic Logic PC user back in the day and Apple bought Emagic and left me out in the cold. I've used Logic 9. I think it is great. I'm very happy to hear there will be a V10 release. I can't wait to see the feature set. The DAW wars benefits all and who knows they might even convince me to buy.

Going back to the original topic I didn't know there was a work-around for the 48 kHz thing. If it works for you Garage band is very easy to use and projects can be ported to Logic easily down the line if you want.

One final comment on Reaper, you can download it and use it for free. Technically paying the licence isn't elective but it will function without a licence fully featured. They are liberal about it (which I think is brilliant, easier to buy if you can try and it takes a lot of time on a DAW to decide if you love it). If you decide you like it you can pay. Food for thought since it sounds like Garage Band may fit your needs.

Have fun.

Well put!!

I'd refer anyone looking to see the results of GB with Axe-FX II to David Wallimann's YouTube channel. He gets a LOT of mileage out of it.

The whole 44.1 vs 48k thing is overblown IMO. I've used the USB interface at 44.1 in both GB and Logic with no issues. I even used it with Audacity on a netbook. My experience makes me wonder why peole act like you can't do 44.1 over USB.

Because that is what Fractal said (Admin correct me if I'm wrong). I surprised to hear you guys are getting good results. I've always (stupidly) used 24-bit/48 kHz. I just did that at the beginning and have always stayed consistent. Besides I don't like the decimal point. Ridiculous right? Guitar players aren't know for sanity. Anywhoo, that's why the 48 kHz thing was never an issue for me so I never gave it much thought.

Just for fun and hooked it up to garage band and worked like a charm. So now I can do both. I didn't notice a difference in sound quality but then again im expert lol

I'm having a huge latency problem with Logic Pro X (the same happens with Garage Band). After 5-10 min playing thru the software, the sound get delayed by at least a second. Any body else had that problem. Any solution? I'm using a MacBook Pro (10.8.5), 2.5 Ghz Intel core i5 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3.

I'm having a huge latency problem with Logic Pro X (the same happens with Garage Band). After 5-10 min playing thru the software, the sound get delayed by at least a second. Any body else had that problem. Any solution? I'm using a MacBook Pro (10.8.5), 2.5 Ghz Intel core i5 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3.

Are you running the latest drivers for the interface?

Back
Top Bottom