LOG-30A/etc curves for Modifiers?

prometh

Power User
I'm attempting to free up a block space by omitting my Volume block. In its place, I plan to use the Input Gain knob on my whammy pedal (Pitch block). In order to "accurately" do so, I'd need to reproduce the Taper in the Modifier settings.

What do LOG-30A, 20A, 15A, 10A and 5A tapers look like?

The log value is the voltage at the midpoint. So for log 20A, set input gain mid % to 20%. Lowering the slope will get closer and avoid the low dead zone. Around 35% seems good for log 20A. It won't be exact but it's pretty close.

Maybe you considered this already: controlling pitch input gain would mean you always have to hear the processed pitch signal, which adds latency whether or not you need whammy in that section/song.

controlling pitch input gain would mean you always have to hear the processed pitch signal, which adds latency whether or not you need whammy in that section/song.
Bummer, didn't think about the latency.

I may come up with a different solution, but I'm still curious about the other midpoint voltage curves

Adjust slope in the same direction as mid % to get closer to the others. Like if you set mid to 30%, slope to 40% might be good.

Another option would be output level of a block that's always active, but since that's linear-in-dB the curve would look different, mid value above 50%. And you can't actually reach zero level, which might be an issue if you want to do swells before a high-gain amp.

Back
Top Bottom