Locking tuners... how tight?

Dpoirier

Fractal Fanatic
I have a new Suhr guitar (yippee!) which has locking tuners. The name on the tuners is Suhr, so I don't know if they're OEM from some common tuner maker (i.e. Sperzel), or genuine Suhr hardware...

Anyway, I was having some tuning stability issues. I used some "Big Bends Nut Sauce", which seems to have solved 90% of the problem. Dive bombs on the Gotoh 510 now come right back up to perfect tuning. But significant bends (1.5 or 2 steps up) on the high E, B and G strings were landing a little bit on the flat side. I tightened up the locking tuners, which solved it, but I'm wondering about how tight these thing *can* be tightened without leading to eventual degradation or damage.

Advice, opinions, please?

Thanks!

The Big Bends nut sauce is great stuff and should solve most of the problem. i have locking tuners on several guitars. I tighten them very snug but not mashed. Never have any problems. Hope this helps.

Do not over tighten them or you could damage the locking pin in the post. I turn mine down until they hit the string and add 1/4 turn and no more.

Go snug....but don't tighten it like a tire lug nut....only go tad bit past snug.

I ruin my kahler locks every year, housing is made out of cheap pot metal, thats the part that gouges out on the high e and b.
I order 4 or 5 a year for all my guitars.
No the OEM's suck too.
I would love titanium or steel housings

Back
Top Bottom