Locked up while booting up

DakenSG

Yesterday when I was getting ready to play my Axe FX II, I switched on my Axe FX II and did some brief browsing on the computer before getting my gear out (this was with my unit plugged into the computer via USB). A minute or two later when I looked back at the Axe FX II I saw this.

2014-10-10 16.54.45.jpg

It hung on this screen. After waiting a minute I shut down, waited ten seconds, then re-booted and it seemed to work fine. I played for a couple hours after successfully.

Just decided to re-boot a couple of times right now. Unit booted up fine, but I noticed that during the boot cycle it briefly showed this same garbled screen before showing the logo screen. Repeated this a couple of different times and the unit continued to boot up fine, but I see this screen briefly on each boot up. Maybe it's always been there and I've never noticed.

It's only happened once but I thought I'd share. Anyone else had their unit lock up during boot up? I'm currently running firmware 16.01.

Last edited:
As drive1987 indicates, some of us are experiencing hangs, both during boot as well as while connected via USB. No solution from Fractal yet. Workaround is to downgrade to f/w 15.7.

Hello,
Just wanted to add my xl unit is also hanging on start up. Seems to work fine after that. I don't use it as an interface and haven't connected it to axe edit since the update to determine any other possible lock ups.

Back
Top Bottom