loading user IRs, how to name them

i'm loading in user cabs via axe edit, sys ex librarian doesn't seem to work for that anymore. The only thing is, I can't see the names of them show up next to "Cab:" does anyone know how to do this?c

Can`t you just rename them before you load them? On your mac/pc. Eks: apacherose.syx

i'm loading in user cabs via axe edit, sys ex librarian doesn't seem to work for that anymore. The only thing is, I can't see the names of them show up next to "Cab:" does anyone know how to do this?c
What happens when you use SysEx Librarian? Did you remember to create a preset with Cab1 pointing to the user slot?

The name that shows up on the Axe-Fx II next to "Cab:" is part of the data downloaded with the IR; if you were seeing it with SysEx Librarian you should be seeing it with AxeManage.

You can edit the cab names using the free AxeOMatic and either the free or paid versions of AxeOMatic DSP. You can also edit them with AxeManage. While AxeEdit isn't usable with the latest firmware, AFAIK AxeManage still works.

Can`t you just rename them before you load them? On your mac/pc. Eks: apacherose.syx
I think there is some confusion between file names and the names shown on the Axe-Fx II display. The fact most of the commercial IRs set both names more or less the same just adds to the confusion.

Each IR has a filename, such as apacherose.syx, that you can see on your computer. Independent of the filename, each IR has a cab name that is shown on the Axe-Fx. The cab names are up to 32 characters long and must be ASCII characters. To change the cab name you have to edit the data in the IR file, so it's not practical to do it manually.

BTW, I play banjo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom