Loading Redwirez/Ownhammer IR's

Moth

I have an Ultra and the newest version of Axe-edit and I can't figure out how to use my Ownhammer IR's with Axe-fx. Please help!

Go into axe manage and click on to cabs, then click open the your computer tab and choose the file where your IRS are stored. You can then transfer them into the cabs page, or drag and drop them in. Then click on the ir you want, you can either audition it or send it straight to a user slot on you axe, hope this helps.

I find it easiest just to open Axe-Manage, and in the left column navigate to the folder where your IRs are stored and click on it to open it in the right column. Then right-click on an IR you want to download, and select "Send to" and select the user cab slot you want to use. To make them easier to find, I have moved the IRs to their own folder: in the working directory (e.g. Fractal Audio/Ultra) I save the .syx files under Fractal Audio/Ultra/AxeEdit/Cabs/OwnHammer.

Depending on when you downloaded your OwnHammer libraries, the Axe-Fx and Axe-Fx-II directories that contain the downloadable files with the .syx extension may or may not be present. If they are not present you need to download the axeomatic tool from OwnHammer and create the .syx files from the appropriate .wav files. There are detailed instructions for this on the OwnHammer site, but if you still have questions I can help you with it.

I've been buried under acoustic gigs to the point where I haven't even had much quality time with my Axe II, but I still hope to release a version of axeomatic in the not-too-distant future that automates this process further.

When I try to drag it over to "user cabs" it has the red stop sign and won't let me. They are .wav files from ownhammer. do i need to convert them to something?

Back
Top Bottom