LMO's new IR conversion utility

yek

Contact Fractal for your Custom Title
Forum member LMO has created an utility which converts WAV and SYX-files, for Standard/Ultra as well as II.
Also does batch conversions. Windows and Mac. Very handy, thanks LMO!

OwnHammer.com - Axe-O-Matic

If I'm reading the description correctly... it says it will convert from Axe 1 to Axe 2 and vice versa.... :shock

Thanks for the heads up Yek!

And a big thanks to LMO!

Anybody got the mac version to work properly? Deleting the name.zip after the app at least unzips it properly, but it seems to be a classic app that isn't supported in the newer Lion OS.

Works problemfree here under Lion.
Unzip it, then unzip the next file again.
App is in the MAcOS folder.

Downloaded file = Axe-O-Matic_Mac_v107.zip
I unzip that and get the Axe-o-Matic folder.
Within that folder there's another folder: Mac.
Within that folder there's "axeomatic.app.zip"
I unzip that file and get a folder "Contents" with a subfolder MacOS.
Within that is the "axeomatic" app.

Haha..i know what you are saying. Im just saying it isn't showing an "app", its just showing as a unix executable file.

Attachments

• unix.jpg
    unix.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 11
Doh...nevermind! Guess it is an actual unix executable file.... a python script. Not really an application in the standard sense. You can get it to open files without the TCL error popping up?

Last edited:
My apologies. The zip file was indeed screwed up; you should end up with an OS X executable after unzipping. I've uploaded a good zip file to OwnHammer, but that won't be available until Kevin moves it to the download folder. Meanwhile, you can get the good zip HERE.

Edit: On my system, running OS X Lion, the file is automatically uncompressed immediately after the download completes.

Last edited:
In a bit of a rush at the moment, so I'll be quick:

- new version is on the site now
- now the download function will only pull the .exe or .app.zip file
- Lynn now has the ability to add the files directly to the proper location on my server so that I no longer need to serve as an unnecessary intermediary and point of delay in distributing revisions

Last edited:
I was able to upload the current version and download it again without any issues.

Edit: BTW, thanks for the kind comments.

Last edited:
Many thanks, LMO :)

For anyone wondering, the old 512 point sysex files can be converted to 1024 point in Albert's original IR conversioon tool (just by opening as a Gen1 file then saving as a different filename) and from there, this tool can convert to Gen2 2048 point.

Last edited:
Yes, it needs to be 48 kHz. If you need to convert the sample rate there is an excellent tool called SoX (SoX - Sound eXchange | HomePage) that will do the conversion. Just be sure to add the -t wavpcm flag.

I thought the supported formats was in the help; what documentation are you referring to?

Edit: You are correct, the help info does not mention the sample rate. I'll add that to the next update.

Last edited:
Great job!

The help file mentioned that the new AxeFx files are 2040 - but this should be 2048

Back
Top Bottom