LiveSpice

Kingjimmi

Inspired
LiveSpice - real time audio circuit modeling

LiveSPICE

Some guy on the KPA forum dug this up. Looks interesting, it's basically what I would want out of an imaginary FAS Amp Edit product.

Last edited:
I probably should have labeled the thread better, so people understood it was real time audio circuit modeling software and not a band. it's probably not of interest to most.

I just saw this product on FB. Seems to share concepts with both Fractal and Kemper.

positivegrid.com

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I just noticed that the Periphery guys are endorsing it on the above page.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Slightly different applications xlb3x. LiveSpice is open source software that uses simplified PSpice models in order to allow real time playback of circuit simulations. I provided the link more as a curiosity for those interested in programming, digital modeling, pedal building, etc. The LiveSpice.org page links to a lot of interesting resources: source code and learning resources for digital signal processing.

Yepp, I know LiveSpice and using it as a for my pre-alpha circuit prototypes. I design very unique hybrid design tube overdrive pedals, using various concepts, either a JFET-Input stage following up with a 12AX7 tube or an op-amp stage (TL071 or CA3140). Tube is running at 200-250VDC by a SMPS based on a MC34063 Boost-Regulator.....

Some of my amp design collegues didn't like the approach of using digital technology for circuit prototyping.......

The procedure is always the same - first, there is the calculation state - calculate bias points, corner frequencies, frequency responce, signal levels (amplification factor or attenuation), 2nd is the digital pre-alphe prototype f*ckaround phase, 3rd is the analog prototype f*ckaround phase, 4th comes the print layout in KiCad, 5th is the final test phase and then we got a finished product.
I did this with my very first Casanoverdrive V3 pedal in 2018/2019 then re-worked the circuit and re-released it in 2021 as Casanoverdrive Mk2 pedal. In 2023 the "Casanoverdrive Cool/Hot-Bottle" pedal will be introduced......all pedals have various operation modes and a very clever guitar amp correction circuit to match the tone in front of almost every guitar amp ;)

I also use Richard Künnel's book on PSpice circuit simulation for some alterations.....

and here is the digital pre-alpha prototype of it (input stage is a TL071 following up by a single 12AX7 tube) - I use my audio workstation (10th gen intel i7 CPU - 10700k), RME audio interface into the clean channel of my MesaBoogie Mk3 (1x12" EVM12L) combo as reference

This is the former pre-alpha prototype back in 2020, this is more a beta version, because this is not a simulation, it is an analog prototype showcase the dynamic behavior of the pedal.....

Back
Top Bottom