Live Workflow for Cover Bands - Song Lists vs Complex Presets

My cover band is currently at 128 songs. I run my Liquid Foot Jr+ in setlist mode (couldn't imagine life without it!!!). I have a liquid foot preset for each song, which with my configuration allows me instant access to 4 different axefx presets and all 8 scenes. I use my "main" axefx preset for about 80% of the songs, albiet the 8 scenes aren't all the same amp or cab. The other 20% are either modifications of the main preset with scenes lined up for each particular song or completely specialized for the song with different cabs/amps, etc.
I'm always shocked that non-musician audience members comment about the variety of sounds that I'm able to produce at most every show. We are a 3 piece rock band if that matters. When my bass player switches pickup positions, I FEEL like it's more of a sonic difference than when I switch amps.

Threefold. My Rush Tribute pretty much demands preset per song. I use Midi mapping to create set list and use Morningstar MC6 to step through. Prince Tribute fits across 3 presets- I use hold function on FC-6 to switch back and forth between adjacent presets.

For corporate top-40 party band I take Atomic Amplifier 12 for convenience of single pedalboard no amp and fit the whole night on one bank of 10 sounds plus boost and tap- I’m set up in less than 5 minutes and outta there before last note fades out! Irony is I make way more $ on top40 gig where it’s guitar and board only. I bring AX3 plus Xitone and Fc for Prince gig. For Rush band I bring every friggen piece of gear I own it seems...

hi,i guess im in the right place.im useing layout 7 is there a way were i can have say 5 banks.so i dont find myself in preset 500 somewhere at a live gig.i recently that happened took me a while to get back to bank 1 again.im new this fractal have had others.and does anyone know how to save levels per preset.i level it in amp block when im on the preset i want to save it to.i hit save and all 4 presets have the same volume which i want lead louder.any help thanks

With Lep I use one preset per song, then different scenes for song parts (typically 3 to 5 scenes). This allows me to set delay times to the song tempos, tweak the amp blocks to fit the song/guitar choice, and tailor the other effects to the individual songs. The night's setlist is programmed into the RJM Mastermind GT/22, so I step through the songs as the show goes on. Works perfectly for what we need.

I purchased the Axe-Fx III MKII and the FC-12 very recently, and this Friday I will have my first live gig using it (first ever live gig with any modeler for that matter) at an outdoor 3 set gig with a 6 piece cover band. So this should be a pretty good test. I'm looking at the pile of analog gear and wondering when I should begin putting it up on Reverb; after this Friday I should know.

I purchased the Axe-Fx III MKII and the FC-12 very recently, and this Friday I will have my first live gig using it (first ever live gig with any modeler for that matter) at an outdoor 3 set gig with a 6 piece cover band. So this should be a pretty good test. I'm looking at the pile of analog gear and wondering when I should begin putting it up on Reverb; after this Friday I should know.
for this band probably 3 presets will suffice with 4 scenes each and maybe a couple effects bypass switching.. so the FC-12 is totally great for all that.. and I'll be using a pair of FRFRs on stage and send a Mono signal to the PA mixer

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom