Live video: Ozzy’s Bark at the Moon

Been waitin' for this one! Great job all around but special props on the solos, you nailed them and made them look effortless.

Been waitin' for this one! Great job all around but special props on the solos, you nailed them and made them look effortless.
Thanks man. I cheat on the outro solo though. Jake does this big stretch and it’s his or miss if I try to do it live. LOL! So I make it a string skipping riff instead. Sounds exactly the same but easier to play than Jake’s way.

Thanks man. I cheat on the outro solo though. Jake does this big stretch and it’s his or miss if I try to do it live. LOL! So I make it a string skipping riff instead. Sounds exactly the same but easier to play than Jake’s way.

...if you're talking about the very last riff , I'm pretty sure I play it the same way you did. I thought it was right. ?
Sounds good.

...if you're talking about the very last riff , I'm pretty sure I play it the same way you did. I thought it was right. ?
Sounds good.
It’s technically right. I’m playing the right notes but Jake plays it in a different position. Jake plays it using this huge stretch on the last section of it. You can see it in this video. I make it easier on myself. LOL!

It’s technically right. I’m playing the right notes but Jake plays it in a different position. Jake plays it using this huge stretch on the last section of it. You can see it in this video. I make it easier on myself. LOL!

Geesh , lol..... Looks like I wasn't even playing the same song !
I always play covers the easiest way I can. USUALLY , the simplest way , is the way it's originally done.

Geesh , lol..... Looks like I wasn't even playing the same song !
I always play covers the easiest way I can. USUALLY , the simplest way , is the way it's originally done.
Jake is a very unorthodox player. His stuff is the most difficult for me. Our video for Journey to the Center of Eternity from the Bark at the Moon album is almost finished. I will be posting it when it’s done. That solo is brutal.

I've been on a Jake E. Lee kick lately. Listening to Ultimate Sin and his Badlands stuff. I think it's mainly because I recently bought a Charvel and love it combined with the Brit #34 model. I like the dynamics of the single coils with that amp. You can play softer and it sounds clean but then dig in and flip to the HB's and it's ripping.

It sucks that Badlands 1st album is no longer published. The only place I can hear it is on YouTube. There's one of the later albums on iTunes I checked out. Jake does a lot of pick up switching and plays with a little less gain but sounds great of course.

The video in this thread wants me to login to Google but still won't play for me..... I'll figure it out cuz I wanna hear.

I've been on a Jake E. Lee kick lately. Listening to Ultimate Sin and his Badlands stuff. I think it's mainly because I recently bought a Charvel and love it combined with the Brit #34 model. I like the dynamics of the single coils with that amp. You can play softer and it sounds clean but then dig in and flip to the HB's and it's ripping.

It sucks that Badlands 1st album is no longer published. The only place I can hear it is on YouTube. There's one of the later albums on iTunes I checked out. Jake does a lot of pick up switching and plays with a little less gain but sounds great of course.

The video in this thread wants me to login to Google but still won't play for me..... I'll figure it out cuz I wanna hear.
That first Badlands album is incredible. Jake’s playing and tone are monstrous. Try this link to the video.

Back
Top Bottom