Live preset - based on PFM Marco Sfogli sound

Riccardo Ros

Experienced
Hello everyone!
After seeing the great interview made by @Marco Fanton to @Marco Sfogli I guessed it would be fun to create a preset inspired by his live sounds with PFM.
What was born for fun is becoming my main preset during rehearsal.. I play original tunes with a new band and we space from rock to metal, through progressive vibes... so here I have almost every sound I need.

CABS
In the video he uses stock IRs (included in the channel A) but I made also a DynaCab version as default (channel C). It's pretty similar to my uneducated ears.
Channels A and C are based on Mesa Rectos, channel B (bonus sound) on a 4x12 basketwave TV

AMPS
Usa rhythm 1 for the clean, USA Lead Mid Gain Bright for crunch + lead.
The bonus sound on scene 7 is a pimped Bogfish.
Scene change from crunch to lead is gapless (made by modifiers... while we wait for the new gapless implementation!)

SCENES
  1. "Clean +" (scene 4 + pitch [corus-like])
  2. "Crunch"
  3. "Lead"
  4. "Clean"
  5. "Crunch +" (scene 2 + pitch [corus-like])
  6. "Lead +" (scene 2 + pitch [corus-like])
  7. "Bog Lead" (bouns sound as shown in the video)
  8. "Gt Direct" (no amp, only compression and effect on direct guitar...)

GUITAR
He's using his charvel signature, with EMG SA + 89. I'm using a typical Ibanez combo (Air Norton + Tone Zone) and I made no major changes... it just work.
I assume you should take care of this peculiar set of pickups and adjust to taste.

FC CONTROLS
I'm using the FM3 + volume pedal (that is placed before the delay, just to be able to perform swells).
layout:
  1. TAP (toggle) scene 1 - 4 // HOLD scene 8
  2. TAP (toggle) scene 2 - 5 // HOLD scene 7
  3. TAP (toggle) scene 3 - 6 // HOLD view 2 (tuner + tap tempo)

PERFORM PAGE
Amp controls, delay levels and mostly important: low/high cut and input trim.
Depending on the venue I just cut the right amount and if I need more or less gain I use the Input trim

performPage.png

I was trying to load it on axechange but the firmware 7 is not listed... @Admin M@ maybe it should be added
https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=10653

Video reference (sorry it's in Italian) pointed to the sound examples

CLEAN

CRUNCH + LEAD

Hope you enjoy!

Attachments

• RR live MB.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Hello everyone!
After seeing the great interview made by @Marco Fanton to @Marco Sfogli I guessed it would be fun to create a preset inspired by his live sounds with PFM.
What was born for fun is becoming my main preset during rehearsal.. I play original tunes with a new band and we space from rock to metal, through progressive vibes... so here I have almost every sound I need.

CABS
In the video he uses stock IRs (included in the channel A) but I made also a DynaCab version as default (channel C). It's pretty similar to my uneducated ears.
Channels A and C are based on Mesa Rectos, channel B (bonus sound) on a 4x12 basketwave TV

AMPS
Usa rhythm 1 for the clean, USA Lead Mid Gain Bright for crunch + lead.
The bonus sound on scene 7 is a pimped Bogfish.
Scene change from crunch to lead is gapless (made by modifiers... while we wait for the new gapless implementation!)

SCENES
  1. "Clean +" (scene 4 + pitch [corus-like])
  2. "Crunch"
  3. "Lead"
  4. "Clean"
  5. "Crunch +" (scene 2 + pitch [corus-like])
  6. "Lead +" (scene 2 + pitch [corus-like])
  7. "Bog Lead" (bouns sound as shown in the video)
  8. "Gt Direct" (no amp, only compression and effect on direct guitar...)

GUITAR
He's using his charvel signature, with EMG SA + 89. I'm using a typical Ibanez combo (Air Norton + Tone Zone) and I made no major changes... it just work.
I assume you should take care of this peculiar set of pickups and adjust to taste.

FC CONTROLS
I'm using the FM3 + volume pedal (that is placed before the delay, just to be able to perform swells).
layout:
  1. TAP (toggle) scene 1 - 4 // HOLD scene 8
  2. TAP (toggle) scene 2 - 5 // HOLD scene 7
  3. TAP (toggle) scene 3 - 6 // HOLD view 2 (tuner + tap tempo)

PERFORM PAGE
Amp controls, delay levels and mostly important: low/high cut and input trim.
Depending on the venue I just cut the right amount and if I need more or less gain I use the Input trim

View attachment 129254

I was trying to load it on axechange but the firmware 7 is not listed... @Admin M@ maybe it should be added
https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=10653

Video reference (sorry it's in Italian) pointed to the sound examples

CLEAN

CRUNCH + LEAD

Hope you enjoy!

Grazie per aver condiviso

Back
Top Bottom