Live monitoring for both FM3 and the rest of the band

Blueprint

What would you use on stage as floor monitor to listen to your FM3 along with the rest of the band (bass, keys, drums, vocals, whatever I need...)
I'm tempted by a FRFR for a good guitar tone, but will I get a decent overall result?
Thanks!

What would you use on stage as floor monitor to listen to your FM3 along with the rest of the band (bass, keys, drums, vocals, whatever I need...)
I'm tempted by a FRFR for a good guitar tone, but will I get a decent overall result?
Thanks!
Yes and yes.

Don't limit yourself to just an FRFR. Prepare for a variety of situations.

1. FRFR.
2. FOH feed with house stage monitor.
3. Guitar cab and use a power or solid state amp (Fryette, Magnum 44, etc.) or the power section (FX Return section) of house / your amp.
4. Combination of all 3.
5. ????

But yes, an FRFR on its own will be good-to-go.

Since my audience and bandmates hear my tone through a PA speaker, I decided to get some relatively small powered PA speakers to use as a floor monitor when I’m not using IEMs (and assuming the venue isn’t providing a suitable dedicated monitor mix on a wedge) - this way when I’m EQing, etc, I’m hearing what I think is the most useful reference. I got a pair of Yorkville E10Ps, but if I weren’t in Canada I might try the QSC K.10s.

Back
Top Bottom