Live-In Pedalboards

Mincer

Inspired
It is hard to find a non-flight case (lighter) option for the AX8 and 1 Mission exp pedal that has the proper height to accommodate the roll bar on the AX8. There are a lot of pedalboards out there, but the height thing is the big deal.
For those that don't know, this is the type of board where the lid itself is the board and a cover fits over it. It is really easy to put the board on the ground, take the top off and go.
I know the Gator Gig Box Jr works, if you take the guitar stand part out. West Coast Pedalboards make one with internal height at 4" exactly, but the way the board attaches is with small clips, which seems a little flimsy.

Any other ideas for something like this?

I also have Rondo Music case. Works well enough but is not touring heavy duty, though. Great for the price, for me.

What's your limitation on the height dimension? "Must be less than ________ "

I'm using the Trailer Trash board with the ATA case option. Pro quality construction and hardware, maybe too tall for your application?

why_shock_case.jpg

http://trailertrashpedalboards.com/proseries-boards

What's your limitation on the height dimension? "Must be less than ________ "

I'm using the Trailer Trash board with the ATA case option. Pro quality construction and hardware, maybe too tall for your application?

Well, it is more about being tall enough inside to accommodate the roll bar of the AX8, which is 4". So 4" minimum, but a tiny bit bigger would be ideal so maybe a layer of foam would fit. But I am not after ATA weight, though. I have a flight case, but I'd rather a light duty case to take around town (and save my back).

I also have Rondo Music case. Works well enough but is not touring heavy duty, though. Great for the price, for me.

Which model do you have?

Look at the Diago Showman. Solid wood construction with the height to fit the AX8 . And it won't break the bank at $179 USD.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/diago-pb03-showman-pedal-board?rNtt=Diago&index=1

I considered these, but they are too wide...I am looking at approx 22" for width (AX8 + exp pedal). The Diago stuff looks good, but the next size down is only 3.5" tall. :(

The SKB SC2111 fits at least the EV1 along with the AX8, but is not a "pedal board", just a case (you need to lift stuff out of it). Not sure if it fits the mission pedal.

[-snip-] But I am not after ATA weight, though. I have a flight case, but I'd rather a light duty case to take around town (and save my back).

Maybe one of the soft-side bags, then? Many have voiced approval for the Mono 365 and similar options.

mono-365-dj-pack_01_L7qWH_17621.jpg

I wanted a 24" with about 4" height inside with a hinged lift off lid. And I needed it to be light and rugged.
I couldn't find shit.

I ended up with a pedaltrain & case. The case wasn't high enough for my stuff so I sawed the legs shorter. It was still too heavy. I replaced an expression pedal with a lighter one & that helped.

Because of the lift out pedalboard design, it's still heavier and bulkier than I want. But what I want doesn't exist. It's a market opportunity for the right case maker. Huge & heavy is not necessary anymore.

I wanted a 24" with about 4" height inside with a hinged lift off lid. And I needed it to be light and rugged.
I couldn't find ****.

I ended up with a pedaltrain & case. The case wasn't high enough for my stuff so I sawed the legs shorter. It was still too heavy. I replaced an expression pedal with a lighter one & that helped.

Because of the lift out pedalboard design, it's still heavier and bulkier than I want. But what I want doesn't exist. It's a market opportunity for the right case maker. Huge & heavy is not necessary anymore.

Right? It is like the idea is *right there* for someone to make. Lightweight and sturdy enough to put in a van with other stuff. Currently I am using a Pedaltrain Fly with a soft case, but I have to sort of baby it.

OP I built exactly what you describe with this

61OD6zlJBbL._SY355_.jpg

Amazon product ASIN B001BZU7C4
You just have to remove the small rubber feet and mount them on the other side. Original Lid then becomes e "live in" board. The other side (deeper side) becomes the new lid. Mount your gear however you like. There is a felt on the interior. I cut a thin lightweight ply to fit the inside and mounted all my gear to that. When all in the front edge of the AX8 or MFC is perfectly flush with the edge of the case. I actually have two, one for AX8 rig, one for a AXEFX II rig. Sorry, don't have pic of my board on hand.

The case is super sturdy, and enough height to have your cords coiled on top of gear for quick pack and go.

Oh yeah, it fits 2 expression pedals as well. I have a Fractal xp and a Mission pedal onboard.

HTH

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom