LIve FRFR help

DaveZ

Inspired
Was wondering for those of your running FRFR live how you have your levels set on your Axe? I did a dry run tonight for a show tomorrow and was getting some feedback.. not the musical kind.. not screeching just like a humming would start to build etc. I have my axe out at high noon right now. On my main gain patch I have Master =6.25 and Level = -14.4

It wasn't uncontrollable feedback but I want to set it up so I don't have to worry about that in general and can use a boost safely for leads or drives etc. Other than those few minor feedback instances I am very happy with how everything worked and it sounded great.

Thanks,
Dave

Your specific master and level settings and even your out 1 setting is irrelevant when it comes to feedback because everything is relative. Set your master so you get the right amount (or no) power amp distortion. Set your amp block level so you don't clip the axe outputs. Set your Out 1 volume so you don't overdrive the input of your powered speaker. set your powered speaker level to how loud you need to be.

If you are getting feedback, you most likely have too much Drive in the amp block. As you turn up loud to state volume, less gain is needed anyway. If you still have trouble, your speakers might just be too close to your guitar.

Feedback is the source (guitar) "hearing" the speaker and is inevitable at high gain levels and loud volumes.

Last edited:
Drive is set to 6, using a CAE+ lead... it doesn't seem like that much to me... Whats interesting is I've used the axe with my rfc at much louder volumes in the same proximity (practicing) without any issues. This was straight to FOH and monitoring via stage wedges. In the meantime I'll bump my gate threshold.

Thanks,
Dave

We're the monitors facing directly at your guitar and pickups? Was it the same as the previous situation you mentioned?

Yea they were fairly straight at me, I have used it in the same setup without the low freq humming/feedback... I get musical feedback usually instead.

After some pondering I realized that I ran wireless for the first time using this setup tonight and actually bumped the gain/sensitivity on my transmitter which may have been the culprit! I'm going to set it back to what it was and try it out.

Back
Top Bottom