Little Plastic Covers for Mini LCD and Main Display

Shahar

Experienced
Fractal would make a killing if they sold the little thin flimsy plastic cover things for like $5.99, to appease the weirdos :tonguewink: that insist on leaving them on the board long term.

Last edited:
I think I like the Gear by CEBA's magnetic attachments. Might cost a little more, but covers the screen and mini-displays thoroughly. I'd been thinking I'd be putting too much effort into the Tech Armor to be worthwhile...

Hmm. How did you cut the screen protector to size? Thinking plastic is good, but might need a sharp edge...
Two approaches I recommend: As mentioned above ... a good straight edge with an Exacto knife does a nice job. I've done this in the past with great results. For my FM3 I used a paper-cutter and it does a perfect job. I got it to fit so closely at the edges that you can't even tell it's there. I'll be doing this same thing immediately to my FM9 hopefully landing tomorrow. :D

Two approaches I recommend: As mentioned above ... a good straight edge with an Exacto knife does a nice job. I've done this in the past with great results. For my FM3 I used a paper-cutter and it does a perfect job. I got it to fit so closely at the edges that you can't even tell it's there. I'll be doing this same thing immediately to my FM9 hopefully landing tomorrow. :D
I thought about this as well...but realized the adhesive plastic might be problematic when removal time arrives...it's not like a CC card you insert/remove, the adhesive will stay put even if there are air bubbles...something undesirable in a screen protector...the CEBA magnetic seems to be a quality product...have ordered and will await arrival in several weeks (production and shipping time).

I thought about this as well...but realized the adhesive plastic might be problematic when removal time arrives...it's not like a CC card you insert/remove, the adhesive will stay put even if there are air bubbles...something undesirable in a screen protector...the CEBA magnetic seems to be a quality product...have ordered and will await arrival in several weeks (production and shipping time).
I like the CEBA stuff, looks really awesome and pro, but I’m wondering why he made a cutout for the led bulbs for the input/output meters.

I like the CEBA stuff, looks really awesome and pro, but I’m wondering why he made a cutout for the led bulbs for the input/output meters.
Well, that we don't know. Am hoping the cutouts also allow easy access to the navigational features. I think you might need a pencil eraser tip/iPad scribe tool to work with these...

Not the case with this type. The adhesive is designed to allow the protector to be removed easily. I've used this for similar purposes in the past and found removal no problem.

Not the case with this type. The adhesive is designed to allow the protector to be removed easily. I've used this for similar purposes in the past and found removal no problem.
No worries, then. My guess was that a more comprehensive answer was in order. The CEBA products will work for my needs. Happy to hear your solution works for you as well.

Back
Top Bottom