List that correlates an amp to an Artist/Song...

Re: List that correlates an amp to a specific song...

Rocket Brother said:
Fun thread - seems like we are correlating the amps with famous users though. Just had a quick run through it and added some of the more obvious ones in bold on your list
RB

mortega76 said:
BOUTIQUE 1 Robben Ford / Larry Carlton / Santana (new) / SRV / Landreth
BOUTIQUE 2 Robben Ford / Larry Carlton / Santana (new) / SRV / Landreth

Aren't Boutique 1, and Boutique 2 Matchless Chieftain simulations, and aren't those guys Dumble users?

mranonimouse said:
Rocket Brother said:
Fun thread - seems like we are correlating the amps with famous users though. Just had a quick run through it and added some of the more obvious ones in bold on your list
RB

mortega76 said:

Aren't Boutique 1, and Boutique 2 Matchless Chieftain simulations, and aren't those guys Dumble users?
I have no clue... anyone care to chime in?

onebaldbloke said:
dsl said:
I wanted to add that Pete Townshend used Hiwatts from 1969-1976.

If we're looking at Pete.......
It looks like the penultimate classic (to me, anyhow) Pete tone on Won't Get Fooled Again may have been a little Fender, or the Fender with the HiWatt.
My ears tell me that some fuzz thingy may also be employed, though with the guitar volume turned down a tad.

I did some more research & you're right - it looks like he used a ’59 Fender 3x10 Bandmaster for the "Who's Next" recordings. Although he did used Hiwatts a lot live & on the "Live At Leeds" recording.

Here's his set up for Who's Next.

From "Who Tabs":

"’59 Gretsch into Edwards Light Show pedal steel volume pedal, Whirlwind cable, ’59 Fender 3x10 Bandmaster (all a gift from Joe Walsh)."

Nice idea Mort, damn this is going to be a long thread but useful. Buckethead uses Rectifier (green, orange and red channel). One song example would be "night of the slunk". I know all his pedals as well but you don't care bout dat :roll: His cab is a Henry Kolbe "concert 4x12. Thats it.
Ken

mranonimouse said:
Rocket Brother said:
RB

mortega76 said:

Yes and yes.

Back
Top Bottom