Liquid Tension Experiment LTE3

Honestly $1k/song for something like that doesn't seem like a huge amount? I'm assuming it's not something they just slap together in 5 minutes...

Anyway, don't want to get too off track here...

I haven't listened to the whole album yet, just a few songs... I love the Rhapsody in Blue cover, just came out great. I agree with everyone that this really has the old DT vibes from the SFAM era...

That being said, I feel like I'm getting kind of tired of Petrucci's playing sometimes.. or at least he hasn't evolved a lot from that time. I feel like his solos have a lot of characteristic cliches that he tends to use and has been using since that SFAM era. I think that's why I still like the earlier DT material the best, it was an evolution and each album brought a bit of a different sound and style and then at some point it seems they kind of just stopped changing

I think that's why I still like the earlier DT material the best, it was an evolution and each album brought a bit of a different sound and style and then at some point it seems they kind of just stopped changing

I'd agree with this...now it's just more of the same thing. More notes, more sections, but not necessarily evolved.

Another thing I seem to notice more, especially with newer DT, is that the songs just kind of...end. Like, ok this one's long enough, on to the next one. Maybe just me.

I have listened to it a couple of times, I like it but it does not catch my attention like the two first albums did, a bit like Kamil Kisiel says, not only Petrucci but all 3 sound to me a bit stuck in the formula. Other people will argue it is called style, I dunno, it just does not motivate me so much as their two previous albums that, for me, shocked the earth when they where released. But sure it is a hell of an album.

Maybe it is just I am getting older, I am listening now A Kind of Blue for example.

Back
Top Bottom