Liquid Foot MIDI question

PianoMan

I finally got my replacement AX8 yesterday (it works!), and I have started going through and programming my template preset and footswitches layout. I'm not really liking how I have to arrange things to set up the unit as I would like. I primarily want to be functioning off scenes, as setlists at my church are planned in advance. However, I need to be able to change effect on/off states for instances where we go off plan or I need to make a quick change during practice. Unfortunately the current implementation doesn't work great for this (I have some ideas/wishes on how to make this way more functional, but will save them until we have a wish list forum).

In the meantime, I'm thinking of picking up a Liquid Foot Mini controller to use purely for turning effects on/off. My biggest concern however is that the two won't play nicely together. Since I use a preset for each song, and I move them around to get them in order for each set, I would really need the LF external syncing function to work in order for it to work, as I don't want to have to worry about whether or not I need to hit a switch to sync it with the AX8 before actually changing any setting.

So my question - does anyone know if the MIDI implementation of the AX8 is sufficiently different from that of the Axe-Fx to not allow the syncing to work, OR does someone have a liquid foot controller that they can test with an AX8 to see if they work together without issues?

Good question- I don't feel confidant that it does. This would help those (like me) who are used to some more footswitches though. An obvious way to try in the meantime would be to make the bottom 4 scenes and top 4 those fx you might switch. You probabaly know this....

Another thought you may want to consider is with a Liquid foot, you could use the LF to switch scenes intead. Leave the 8 switches on the AX8 for stomps/ia's.

Good question- I don't feel confidant that it does. This would help those (like me) who are used to some more footswitches though. An obvious way to try in the meantime would be to make the bottom 4 scenes and top 4 those fx you might switch. You probabaly know this....

Another thought you may want to consider is with a Liquid foot, you could use the LF to switch scenes intead. Leave the 8 switches on the AX8 for stomps/ia's.

I thought about both of those ideas. Unfortunately I need more than 4 switches for effects use, and I really want to have access to more then 4 scenes. I'd love it if we could get a version of the MFC's reveal function to unlock another "page" of programmable buttons at the hit of a switch.

As to the LF for scenes, since I want to primarily use scenes, that would mean that the LF would essentially be the hub of my board. The way I'm arranging my pedalboard, I feel like it would be awkward to reach that far up to switch scenes. I might try it if I get the LF and my idea doesn't work though.

I thought about both of those ideas. Unfortunately I need more than 4 switches for effects use, and I really want to have access to more then 4 scenes. I'd love it if we could get a version of the MFC's reveal function to unlock another "page" of programmable buttons at the hit of a switch.

As to the LF for scenes, since I want to primarily use scenes, that would mean that the LF would essentially be the hub of my board. The way I'm arranging my pedalboard, I feel like it would be awkward to reach that far up to switch scenes. I might try it if I get the LF and my idea doesn't work though.
Why not use STICKY SCENE mode? Then you can assign 8 effects to your footswitches, and switch to STICKY SCENE mode, and have all 8 scenes available on the footswitches.

Side by side? either way putting one behind the other would seem clunkier. If anything LF on the bottom and ax8 on top. The screen and all that would get in the way creating more distance. That would make a deep pedalboard too. I wonder if a disaster area small foot controller would work better then too.

Why not use STICKY SCENE mode? Then you can assign 8 effects to your footswitches, and switch to STICKY SCENE mode, and have all 8 scenes available on the footswitches.

Tried it last night, but I'm not a fan of that solution. The blinking light got annoying, and I'm then not able to use the alternate function of that F switch without first getting out of sticky scene mode - more switch hits then I'd like. It's also kind of annoying to have to specifically remember to activate that mode every time I start up the unit (I'm assuming...I didn't actually reset the unit while in sticky scene mode).

All of those are minor annoyances on their own, but they add up to create a generally more unpleasant/slow user experience then I'd like to have.

Side by side? either way putting one behind the other would seem clunkier. If anything LF on the bottom and ax8 on top. The screen and all that would get in the way creating more distance. That would make a deep pedalboard too. I wonder if a disaster area small foot controller would work better then too.

My board has a raised section on it, so the only way I could fit both on there is to have the LF Mini on the raised tier in the back.

It's also kind of annoying to have to specifically remember to activate that mode every time I start up the unit
Pressing 1 switch is annoying :O

It seems you really just want more switches available, so a 2nd controller is the way to go. I'm pretty sure that the CC#s are the same as an Axe, so any gear presets from the LF or similar should work the same.

Back
Top Bottom