Liquid Foot Jr. HELP

DylanAOS

Just received an original Liquid Foot Jr. the other day and I can't get it to communicate with my Axe FX for the life of me.

So far I've done this:
Global menu- Midi Channel 001- Midi Sysex ID (Changed to 116 to match with Axe Standard)- Midi Dev Name: [AXE-FX ]- Midi Chan 01: PC Offset=1 (I have my presets offset by one on my Axe from a previous controller)- G Tuner Source: AXE FX

Utility menu- AutoLoad Preset "Not Found" every single time.

On my Axe FX, I went into I/O and set the Midi channel to 1, and Program change ON, Display Offset 1, Send Realtime Sysex- TUNER, and Midi PC Offset 1.

Someone please help me on this.

Can you provide more information ?

How is the LF cabled to the Axe ?
LF editor version ?
LF FW version ?
Apart from trying autoload is there any communication of any kind?
You are using an Axe FX Standard, can you confirm?

All of the above should be useful info to help figure it out.

Right now it's just a 5-pin Midi cable from the OUT on the LF JR to the IN on the Axe FX.
I'm not currently using the editing software for the LF JR. Unfortunately, my roommate borrowed my UNO so I can't interface with my computer right now.

There doesn't seem to be any communication. I also tried setting the channel to OMNI on the AXE FX. Still nothing. Not even basic preset switching.
Yes, I am using an Axe FX Standard. I read on a different post that I would have to change the SYSEX ID accordingly.

Check the Midi in switch, if this is not set correctly for this set up, Midi in, via the Midi out port is disabled. It should be moved to the right.

I guess I don't understand. There are no additional switches on the Standard or LF JR near the MIDI In and Out.

I guess I don't understand. There are no additional switches on the Standard or LF JR near the MIDI In and Out.

I don't have a junior to check this with, I use an LF + which doesnt have such a switch but the info was here. http://www.liquid-foot.com/downloads/LiquidFoot_JR_v158b.pdf#page14

Possibly one of the other Forum members can help or contact support at FAMC... I suppose another thing to check is that the Midi cable has the 5 pins wired, some older ones weren't.

Voes guide is awesome for the LF Jr. The Sysex should be 116 for the Axe-FX II (which I had to find out as Voes guide is a little older). But, since you have a Standard it should be 127 and then the Axe should have a Sysex ID of 125.

I also cannot change the Sysex ID on the Standard. I'm not in front of it at the moment. But I believe it says something like 00 00 01 74

Another post said that in decimal is 372 and you subtract 256 which would equal the 116. They said they realized they weren't setting the Axe FX ID to 116. What menu would this be in? And what selections would I make? I'm assuming Global.

Went to Global Menu- MIDI Rec Chan 001- MIDI Sysex ID 127- MIDI Dev Name: 01 [AXE-FX ]
Still getting a Not Found message when I go to AutoLoad Presets.

Back
Top Bottom