Liquid Foot - Jeff's back!

Unfortunately, 8 months of radio silence is a deal breaker for many/most customers. It is too bad, as the LF products are really cutting edge from a software standpoint.

Fool me once ...

Ventanaman said:
Unfortunately, 8 months of radio silence is a deal breaker for many/most customers. It is too bad, as the LF products are really cutting edge from a software standpoint.

Fool me once ...

Me too, I'm spooked I did want one. Good board no doubt, but I just cant, heard allot of chatter dealing with support and that took a nose dive from what I have read that and just no info, I cant do it. A friend of mine did have a issue when he got his over a year ago and Jeff was lightening fast.

I'm on the waiting list now for the MFC-101 and feeling good like the LF its more power than what I need but what the hell. But Fractal has great support a proven track record and Cliff is forever updating firmware.
So no worries

I feel the same as the other guys here, my Fcb1010 with the Uno Chip will work till i get my MFC-101, not only will it be amazing, anything Cliff touches seems to be, but customer service will be top notch.

Joe

Same here :(

I had a LFP and LOVED it, but the unacceptable disappearance with sporadic excuses of I don't get emails/suppliers are holding me up wore on me.

I sold mine to a "hopefully" satisfied customer. It is too bad....Jeff created a great product.

It is kind of funny... on another forum there was another guy who IMO was far worse for far longer than the situation with LF to the point where people were out equipment... out money... with no communication and that guy is back in business again.

LF might have to build trust again but if he's back to the customer service and communicaton levels he was originally people will eventually forget, forgive and move on.

So the MFC -- the Liquid Foot killer -- gets announced and suddenly he resurfaces with a thousand and one excuses for why he's been out of touch for going on 8 months now. Right.

I was looking into a LFP earlier in the year because I wasn't hearing about the MFC, but I also heard about the apparent lack of communication and support (although I can't personally say if it was valid or not). It scared me away and now that the MFC is nearing availability, I will hold out. I do find the timing coincidental...I believe the hype regarding the MFC is astounding, I've never seen a 3 year old waiting list for something! I am certainly sure it will be worth it and I have no doubt that Cliff's forthcoming ideas for the MFC will be groundbreaking, much like his ideas regarding the Axe-FX capabilities!

mworkman said:
It is kind of funny... on another forum there was another guy who IMO was far worse
Do you mean Voodoo Man switches? Because that is what came to mind. And you would defiantly be right, no contest.

Jeff's back just in time to see the MFC arrive followed by a steady stream of used LF products on Ebay. How will he make any new sales with that double whammy? After a period of no sales and constant requests for support from new owners of used boards, Jeff might just go back offline again for good.

At least that's the scenario I fear...

GuitarDojo said:
6L6C said:
mworkman said:
It is kind of funny... on another forum there was another guy who IMO was far worse
Do you mean Voodoo Man switches? Because that is what came to mind. And you would defiantly be right, no contest.

I think he means this guy :arrow: ...........

That's what came to mind for me. All the chatter about it is what eventually made me give up on the U2 recording yahoo group. Of course that's also where I first heard a lot of praise for the Axe-FX so all in all I am glad I was paying attention when I was. :)

You know, I wanted a Liquid Foot for a while, and was pretty serious about buying one. However, once I heard that updates for the Axe-Fx can cause compatibility problems with the Liquid Foot, AND that the Liquid Foot guy has been MIA for 8 months to a year, well, that's a deal breaker. Even if he's back now, it says a whole lot about how he handles his business.

Plus, being that the MFC 101 is made by Fractal Audio, it's pretty safe to say that customer support will be phenomenal... and that it's pretty much guaranteed never to be rendered incompatible with the Axe-Fx by any future firmware updates either. :)

I would never buy anything from Liquid whatever... He reappears out of the blue, as if nothing had happened. Makes me sick. :roll:
I want my MFC!!! :mrgreen:

[/quote]I think he means this guy :arrow: ...........[/quote]

I see a trend here. I waited 2 1/2 years for the Triad pedal. After putting the builder on notice I was going to file a police report (I travel to his home town a lot) and finally received what a paid for. However I don't think it was my threats that did it.

Another more honest builder started building these http://trabantland.wordpress.com/ which is just as good if not better than the Triad. Was it an coincidence that the builder of the Triad got his act together after the SDD 3K hit the scene? I think not.

On a positive note my Triad sounds awesome in front of my Axe and I can't do without it now.

Do you all have broken LF products or something? I've had my LF-Pro since May and haven't once thought "wow this doesn't do that, I need firmware updates". So what do you all need support for?

What I'm saying is, I have yet to find something that I can't program the LF to do. So what are you looking for from the company? Firmware? I can understand wanting product support but these things are built like tanks. So unless you ALL have broken units are you just jumping on the LF bashing because one person has a broken unit and can't get in touch with Jeff?

FWIW & IMHO etc... etc...

And I see the appeal of the MFC-101. No other product will ever be able to integrate as easily with the AxeFx as a controller made by Fractal. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess thats what you all want, firmware on the LF to make programming easier. But LF won't ever be that.

My LF Jr had bugs, and I am a rookie MIDI user. Put those together, and I required support. It was difficult to get, and my user experience was a mixed bag. I love the form factor of the Jr, and if Fractal ever makes a small controller, I'll buy one sight unseen. I sold my Jr (and so did the guy I sold it to), and will deal with the larger MFC.

The last firmware update for the LF Pro rendered the AxeFx autoload feature unusable in my particular case.
I'm always changing/tweaking patches so i'd have to be able to update easily.
This has been the cause of much frustration so i'm really hoping Jeff issues a bug fix for this problem soon.
Really soon.
I actually prefer the form factor of the LF Pro over the MFC101 but, in the final analysis, it has to be reliable.

79_limited said:
I see a trend here. I waited 2 1/2 years for the Triad pedal. After putting the builder on notice I was going to file a police report (I travel to his home town a lot) and finally received what a paid for. However I don't think it was my threats that did it.

Another more honest builder started building these http://trabantland.wordpress.com/ which is just as good if not better than the Triad. Was it an coincidence that the builder of the Triad got his act together after the SDD 3K hit the scene? I think not.

On a positive note my Triad sounds awesome in front of my Axe and I can't do without it now.

We were supposed to get a Triad in the axe-fx. :shock:

2 year old thread
viewtopic.php?p=603#p603

Back
Top Bottom