Liquid Foot as a Channel Switcher?

Can I use my Liquid Foot Pro as a switcher on my multi channel amps (Tone King Metro, Two Rock J-2 and Two Rock 10th)? If so, how do I set this up?

Note that the J-2 and TK Metro are TRS cables and the Two Rock 10th is a 6 pin Midi cable.

Thanks!

690MBCOMMANDO said:
Can I use my Liquid Foot Pro as a switcher on my multi channel amps (Tone King Metro, Two Rock J-2 and Two Rock 10th)? If so, how do I set this up?

Note that the J-2 and TK Metro are TRS cables and the Two Rock 10th is a 6 pin Midi cable.

Thanks!

You would probably need some sort of midi relay switcher. There is a bunch of them out there.

matchless said:
690MBCOMMANDO said:

Thanks!

You would probably need some sort of midi relay switcher. There is a bunch of them out there.

Any recommendations on a really good one (both rack based as well something smaller like the midi solutions)? I need something that has 2 outs (1) control a TRS cable (the midi solutions relay only does mono) as well as (2) midi out.

Have a look at G-Lab products. They're from Poland. Really good products at reasonable prices.
I used my GSC-2 as midi pedal for my Axe-FX before I got the Gordius LG.
They have a tuner activation where you press two switches together. This sends out a program change.
To activate the tuner on the Axe-FX, you need to send a control change though.
I wrote them an e-mail and they got back to me with a special customized firmware within a week.
Great customer service....

However, this is a relay switcher pedal and does not cover all the functionality you get from a dedicated midi pedal.
The leds are always on, so assigning CCs & PCs (patches & stompboxes) is possible, but their status is not visible on the GSC.
You also need the extension pedal that has the bank switches and the midi in if you want to control the GSC from your LiquidFoot.
I have the GSC-2 only, never played with the rack version or the extension pedal.

I used it with my old stompbox pedalboard. It can be programmed through their software which is very intuitive, has a buffer box built in etc.
If I'd break it (which is physically virtually impossible) I'd buy another one - haven't been using my stompbox board lately thanks to the AxeFX though....

690MBCOMMANDO said:
matchless said:
690MBCOMMANDO said:

Thanks!

Any recommendations on a really good one (both rack based as well something smaller like the midi solutions)? I need something that has 2 outs (1) control a TRS cable (the midi solutions relay only does mono) as well as (2) midi out.

I use an Skrydstrup MS-8 (discontinued) that works flawlessly; CAE Japan makes one, Nobels, Axess - I'm sure that anyone you choose would work fine as long as the relays is controlled by MIDI CC and/or PC ... Since the switcher don't handle any audio signal, thete shouldn't be as many discussions about the "best" brand - only a matter of reliability/durability.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom