Linking Layouts to Presets

Teleman

If this has been covered I couldn't find it using the search.

Is there a way to link a preset to a certain layout?

As it is right now, after selecting the preset you want you then have to select the layout you want to use with that preset. It would be nice if when you select a preset it would automatically go the preferred/saved layout.

If it matters I'm using the FC-6 with the AXE FX III. Just got it yesterday and can't quit playing.

That's what the Per-Preset layout is for so you can create your own configuration per-preset. What I do on Layout 1 is link my Scene layout to each preset button so when I select the preset I want it automatically loads Layout 2. I mainly use my Scene layout when playing live. Attached is an FC6 layout I created for a buddy if you want to mess around with it and see what I did. The image below is the Layout link session in the FC Controller page.

1576029874656.png

1576029924061.png

Attachments

• FC-6_all-layouts_Concept.fclayout
    80.2 KB · Views: 11
That's what the Per-Preset layout is for so you can create your own configuration per-preset. What I do on Layout 1 is link my Scene layout to each preset button so when I select the preset I want it automatically loads Layout 2. I mainly use my Scene layout when playing live. Attached is an FC6 layout I created for a buddy if you want to mess around with it and see what I did. The image below is the Layout link session in the FC Controller page.

View attachment 61006

View attachment 61007
Thanks!

Don't know why I had such a hard time understanding "Per Preset" in the layouts. I don't know if I did it the way you did but I definitely have something that works.

Thanks!

Don't know why I had such a hard time understanding "Per Preset" in the layouts. I don't know if I did it the way you did but I definitely have something that works.
Layout Links can be assigned to any footswitch. Per Preset just means that you've reserved that switch (per-preset > placeholder) for a function that you may not need or have in every preset. For example; I have an Amp 1, Delay 1, Reverb 1 block in every preset so I have switches assigned to Amp 1 Boost A/B, Delay 1 on/off, Reverb 1 on/off. Then depending upon the additional blocks in the preset or other functions needed, I have "per-preset" placeholders that may be assigned a Lead Boost, Scene Toggle, Drive, Delay 2 or Reverb 2.

Just as the name implies, you will need to assign functions to the Per-Preset switches within each preset. Nothing will be automatically assigned to them. What you need to remember or document is which footswitch (layout and switch number) you assign each PP# (Per-Preset switch number). Some of the blank layouts that have been posted recently may help keep track. You can also use EZ Mode but it will only show you the PP# for a given switch, you need to go to the Per-Preset FC menu to edit the switch.

Back
Top Bottom