Line6 Powercab vs Fender FR12?

Fender's build quality is poor on the new amps in general. Not sure why this product would be any different. And it is concerning that they covered up and didn't acknowledge the bug they had with the hiss. Meaning, if you buy online, you're not even sure which version you are getting...
Just curious how many new fenders have died on you?

Powercab features a custom designed 8Ω, 12" coaxial speaker that uses a guitar-style cone as opposed to a PA-style cone with a 2” high-temperature voice coil loosely based on the Eminence Beta 12CX format. The 1” compression driver is a Celestion CDX 1-1010

A few people thought I was crazy when I said the FR-12 was great and that it had some AITR mojo. I gotta admit it's been nice to have others test it and echo that sentiment. Hiss or no hiss the damn thing just sounds great.

If you're curious but skeptical, just get it from a place with a return policy and try it yourself. Or don't 🤷🏾‍♂️

They dont actually have a proper L&R one correct ?
so if you use 2 in stereo like I do tweeter dispersion would be off as well the mids

Last edited:
Unless you put one upside down...which would just be weird

Nope. The FR only comes as the right side of a stereo pair.

I don't think it makes a huge difference, but you make a good point.

Reactions: jrx
Unless you put one upside down...which would just be weird

Nope. The FR only comes as the right side of a stereo pair.

I don't think it makes a huge difference, but you make a good point.
yeah I'm not sure if it would make a difference, but you know us guitar players were so finiky worse than cats
😆

Powercab112+ or 212 in Flat/RAW mode is just the Eminence guitar speaker in a nice powered cabinet. I find it compares well with a Celestion Creamback I also have. I use it without a cab block for backline. I think it works very well. I've used it with Helix, Quad Cortex and FM9.

I have both a Fender FR10 and a Line6 Powercab+ 212. As far as guitar modeling platforms go, I use the Kemper, TONEX, HX Stomp and an Strymon Iridium.

The Powercab+ 212 has served me well. I play both bass and guitar in gigging situations with it and it definitely does a good job. That said the Fender is far more inspiring and at this price I can get 3 for what I paid for the Powercab.
The Fender definitely nails the amp in to room feel better. In fact, it’s the best FRS that I’ve used.

Probably depends on what style you are playing through it. I don't play metal/hardcore or classic rock which is why i'd actually prefer more of a classic monitor.

What about build quality of FR vs powercab? Fender build quality and support are questionable in my mind but maybe it's a non issue unless you're on the road with it...
Hmmm ? I play Gibson L5s and the Fender FR-12 is perfect for jazz.
Any digital monitor, including the EV you mentioned has latency, and it is a deal breaker with jazz for me.

Line6 also uses Celestion speakers, but I don't know in which cab. It doesn't look like a F12/F12M.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-05-28-12-45-15-481_com.ebay.kleinanzeigen.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-05-28-12-45-15-481_com.ebay.kleinanzeigen.jpg
    796.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_2024-05-28-12-45-08-851_com.ebay.kleinanzeigen.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-05-28-12-45-08-851_com.ebay.kleinanzeigen.jpg
    690 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
I have a Line6 Powercab and a Fender FR-12. I like the FR-12 better.
The FR-12 is basically just a powered PA speaker/powered monitor dressed up in Fender clothing. Any decent powered PA speaker would do what you want.

I have a Line6 Powercab and a Fender FR-12. I like the FR-12 better.
The FR-12 is basically just a powered PA speaker/powered monitor dressed up in Fender clothing. Any decent powered PA speaker would do what you want.
Yes that’s true but I’ve had many FRFR speakers and wedges and the Fender FR12 just sounds more amp like to me

Back
Top Bottom