Line6 Floor Board - any possibilities with AxeFX line??

is9582

Power User
I have an old Line6 Floor Board hanging around and I was wondering if there was anyone that might have attempted successfully to utilize it in some form or fashion with the AxeFX II? I'm expecting I'll probably get a full blown NO, but it's worth asking, right? ;)

Cheers,

Lee

There's a thread on here somewhere where someone went midi line 6 pod hd to the axe fx and used the line 6 floorboard into a pod. But it sounds messy.

Yes, I did it via a PodXT. You can get all footswitches & pedals working except holding tap for the tuner. If you want to see patch names on the floorboard, you just set up corresponding patch names in the Pod.

Thanks for everyone's input (well, except for Danny W., :lol, kidding of course).

Since I no longer have the actual POD2.0, and only have the footboard that interfaced with that, it looks like I'm out of luck. The only output on this footboard is a Cat5 connector (no Midi ports, per se). I'd guess there would be no reason for it to have a midi controller chip. I guess my attempt to avoid buying an MFC isn't going to work. :? Maybe I can cannibalize/modify this footboard and add some 1/4" jacks with which to link a footswitch or pedal to the AxeFX?? :roll

Have a great weekend!

Lee

I received my Axe Fx last Tuesday and by Friday I was up and gigging with my HD500 as the foot controller. It is absolutely dead easy to do and worked great. You didn't specify which model of Pod you were talking about.

Hey Guitarjim,

Glad to hear you got your AxeFX, and that you were able to put the HD500 into service as your foot controller. I hope you'll enjoy your AxeFX as much as I have.

I had a POD2.0 and bought one of the floor boards for that unit (only verbiage I see on the floor board is "Line6 Floor Board". It does have what is likely the part number on the back, (21)ACCAH5043009430. It has eight foot switches and two expression pedals. I'd love to find some way to integrate the two, even if just for the short term, as I'd truly love to get an MFC. It's hard to argue with using the right tool for any job.

Cheers,

Lee

Back
Top Bottom