Line6 FBV Shortboard MKII

Magi017

Hello everyone,

I'm new here and I've got an FM3 for a few days. I'm from Germany. Sorry for any misspellings :)
I had previously researched this but didn't find any meaningful posts. That's why I'm writing this post now, to help others.

Previously I had a Line6 Spider Valve 112 Amp with FBV Shortboard MKII. The FBV Shortboard MKII was now remaining and the FC-6 and FC-12 foot controllers are simply too expensive for me as a hobby musician. I thought about buying a foot controller from “Voes” because they are very flexible and work for many devices.
The FBV Shortboard MKII can output MIDI via USB, but unfortunately does not have a MIDI socket. That's why I ordered the "Kenton MIDI USB Host mk3".

Shorty: it works! This means that the old Line6 FBV Shortboard MKII can be used as a foot controller for the FM3/AxeFx. This is not only very cheap, but also sustainable. ;-) You can also get the Line6 shortboards used very cheap...

The FBV Shortboard MKII is now configured that I can switch presets up and down, select all 8 scenes of a preset directly, use the looper, enter tap tempo, use wah and tuner.

I made a post in the German forum "axefx.de" with pictures and the configuration. I would like to provide more information here too, but I can't post pictures as I probably don't have enough posts. Maybe someone can help me...

cool, great to hear about some older midi controllers being able to be reused for this purpose
i saw the post on the axefx.de forum (ich komme aus Luxemburg ubrigens =)

you'll need more posts here from what i've understood to be able to post pictures

Back
Top Bottom