Line 6 support

guitarded

Experienced
I know they have taken a beating at times, and maybe rightly so, but I just called and got excellent CS.
My HD500 Power Supply is starting to crap out... at least I think so.
I called and was expecting to have to jump through hoops. I sat on hold for 15-20 minutes or so
but when i finally got through all the guy asked for was a mailing address and said it was on its way!
I was pretty amazed after I thought about. A company that size and I still could call and talk to someone on the phone... and who was american!
anywho, that's my story...

I'm not entirely sure why you'd post this on the Axe-Fx forum, but if you're happy, I'm happy for you. Good customer service is a beautiful thing wherever you find it.

when they find a way to charge you for power supply firmware upgrades - they will!
Sorry, couldn't help myself.

I'm glad they were nice. While I'm done with them, I appreciate how they raised awareness back when that was necessary.

I'm not entirely sure why you'd post this on the Axe-Fx forum, but if you're happy, I'm happy for you. Good customer service is a beautiful thing wherever you find it.

^^^ yeah....that...but hey, it's an open Lounge forum. I'm not sure if I should be happy for the OP, or sad for the OP, or sad that I must have no life to be posting such drivel about something so...personally insignificant...

HOLY CRAP! I LOVE FORUMS!

Companies like Line6 need to seriously rethink their business model. None of them have a product out that could compete with the Axe-STANDARD, let alone the Axe-II.

Well a lot of other Line6 stuff gets posted on here and no one complains when it's bashing the crap out of them. I think that it's cool that someone took the time to tell the other side. I still don't like their products very much (though their modulation pedals are pretty darn good). :)

Plus there are a lot of people that use their wireless gear on here and love it. If I was one of them I'd like to hear that if something bad happens I might be taken care of.

Companies like Line6 need to seriously rethink their business model. None of them have a product out that could compete with the Axe-STANDARD, let alone the Axe-II.
Was that sarcastic? I'm just wondering. I'm not a business major or anything, but I think that we calculated that in order for a company the size of Line6 to market something along the lines of the offerings from FAS that the list price would be like $599,999,000 or something. :) They've got a whole lot of overhead expenses and probably need to move about a million or more units to break even on anything they produce.

And by the time the bean counters explain to the engineers and designers how they don't need a $200 DSP, let alone two of them in each unit the thing is ruined. That doesn't even touch using surface mount or wide tolerance components for everything to save half a cent per unit.

Its a different business model and a very successful one at that. I'm just glad that Cliff is the successful renegade that he is, but it's far from the norm and rarely successful.

That's a bit like saying Hyundai need to rethink their business model because they don't make Ferraris.

Line 6 make great low-end products for the low-end market. Nothing wrong with that.

Was that sarcastic? I'm just wondering. I'm not a business major or anything, but I think that we calculated that in order for a company the size of Line6 to market something along the lines of the offerings from FAS that the list price would be like $599,999,000 or something. :) They've got a whole lot of overhead expenses and probably need to move about a million or more units to break even on anything they produce.

And by the time the bean counters explain to the engineers and designers how they don't need a $200 DSP, let alone two of them in each unit the thing is ruined. That doesn't even touch using surface mount or wide tolerance components for everything to save half a cent per unit.

Its a different business model and a very successful one at that. I'm just glad that Cliff is the successful renegade that he is, but it's far from the norm and rarely successful.

Well of course from a purely business perspective it makes perfect sense to have those cheaper modelers. And you're spot on that there's nothing at all wrong with that. If I hadn't started with the godawful modeler in my little Boss 4-track, I wouldn't appreciate the Axe-Fx as much as I do. :) My meaning was about true competition. You would think that a larger company like that would have the resources to invest a little R&D into creating a genuine competitor at a similar pricepoint. So far we have just one renegade operation. ;)

I think the Fractal stuff is just a blip (albeit a very nice blip) in the scope of the Line6 operation. It doesn't make sense for them to invest in an AxeFX-II competitor when they can invest their resources in the ~$500 range of modelers and make more money.

I just thought I'd share it here because "here" is where I got the notion that their C/S was not the greatest.
So I thought I'd tell another side, no biggie ;)

Line 6 is small potatoes compared to Dell or Microsoft. Maybe they don't have large customer support outsourcing. I know I hate it when I can't talk to a real human. I do understand that automating very common tasks such as password resets or checking account balances can save on customer support costs for the company, but there's something reassuring about a human voice.

I used Line 6 for a long time and I thought their customer service was pretty good. I had 2 issues to take care of with the Vetta II combo and while the first one took a little longer than wanted, the second was very painless. My first issue was that the handle was leaking industrial strength adhesive from the seems, which would get on my hand and take an edge to scrape off. I called them and the guy had never heard of that issue, but said he'd check it out. I got an email from him saying that he had taken a handle and cut it in half and there's no glue in them! He sent me a new handle and it was the wrong one. I didn't have to send it back and they shipped me out a new one, which worked perfectly for years.

The second issue I had was the handle literally ripped out of the amp while I was loading it into my car one day. I called 'em up, talked to them for maybe 3 minutes and new screws + some carpentry nuts were on their way. I don't know why they didn't factory install those as the handles are only held in by a couple bolts in some sheet metal. Overall, I was pretty satisfied.

Back
Top Bottom