Line 6 Stagesource

pima1234

Fractal Fanatic
I know there are already a few discussions about these, but can anyone confirm whether or not these are a good solution for playing the Axe FX through?

I'm looking at them for an all-in-one solution: person on stage monitor, acoustic/classical guitar rig, and a PA (primarily for student recitals).

Thanks everyone. Really happy to be back here.

I've not heard anything good or bad about them, however "you get what you pay for" is the adage that is particularly true when it comes to musical equipment. Personally, I swear by RCF, but others prefer the new Atomic powered wedges. I would be weary about the quality of components and the crossover frequencies in any FRFR solution and appreciate that I'll never hear the best out of the Axe if i run a £2k piece of hardware into a £700 FRFR solution. You would be better saving for a higher end rig that will not only sound superior but have longevity too.

Just my $0.02

Bump an old thread for more info. Not sure one opinion from someone who never used the product is sufficient. :D

I am particularly interested in the onboard EQ and "Feedback Suppression"...for those of us who are playing live these could be HUGELY useful...are there any other powered monitors that have similar features? I am sure there are better sounding PA speakers on the market, but when you are on a small sweaty stage with a loud drummer I sincerely doubt I'll be able to notice much nuance LOL.

I gig in a band that plays a few times a week, and we recently switched to a complete Line 6 PA system - nothing but good things to say. Although I prefer to use my own monitoring system, there are many times I've gone either Axe-Fx or Kemper straight into the board and used our monitors completely. No complaints. If you're looking for an all-in-one solution, I highly recommend the Line 6 Stagesource system. We've gotten nothing but compliments on our sound. I've run an acoustic direct into this system as well and think it sounds really nice. Personally, I'd highly recommend it.

Yeah we are thinking about buying the pa's because singer already owns the mixer m20d or what ever it is

Line 6 have done some good work on these live sounds systems

however personally i think the mixer is a bit gimicy

Update on the Stagesource--been using it live for a couple months now and it sounds incredible. Holds up much better than my Yamaha DXR10 did on extremely loud AND cramped stages--I was experiencing a lot of what Cliff calls "tweeter squeal" in those situations before but not at all now. Onboard effects sound great and make it a killer acoustic amp. Onboard EQ allows for last minute tweaking. Rock solid build with heavy rubber on impact points and handles/grab areas are plenty. Actually LOOKS really cool on stage as well. Couldn't be happier with the $800 investment--thinking about picking up another just because.

Update on the Stagesource--been using it live for a couple months now and it sounds incredible. Holds up much better than my Yamaha DXR10 did on extremely loud AND cramped stages--I was experiencing a lot of what Cliff calls "tweeter squeal" in those situations before but not at all now. Onboard effects sound great and make it a killer acoustic amp. Onboard EQ allows for last minute tweaking. Rock solid build with heavy rubber on impact points and handles/grab areas are plenty. Actually LOOKS really cool on stage as well. Couldn't be happier with the $800 investment--thinking about picking up another just because.

Which unit (monitor/speaker) are you using? I'm looking for an FRFR option as well, and wondered about these?

Musicians Friend has some scratch 'n' dent L3Ts for $599 each (or, just call in for 15% off new ones!). That's a nice deal.

I'd love to read a dedicated Axe FX-based comparison between these and the various other options out there.

Not sure how big a deal this is but you cannot update the firmware on these speakers without the line 6 md20 mixer which is like $1500. Guess it wouldn't be a big deal except that there have already been FW releases that have dramatically improved performance...people have even resorted to "buying" the mixer doing the update and then returning it....lame limitation from L6 if true

Where are you hearing that? According to Line 6 (in a thread I found from April) there have been no updates that improve voicing or sound?

No not saying they are lying. There were comments from users either in that thread directly or in some others I was reading who stated they experienced improved sound quality following update. It could be placebo or not...I guess the bigger issue, as I said (now supposedly they are up to 1.2FW, not sure if they are all meant for the monitors or not) is if these units carry FW as they appear to and the realization that L6 could choose to specifically make FW adjustments that affect positively or negatively the StageSource series of speakers, you will have to gain access to the $1500 mixer in order to get the update, unless L6 offer the user base an alternative. That all being said, if these kill right out of the box, then perhaps FW is not a big deal...I don't know...I just found it a reasonable consideration to look into before dropping ~$800 on one of these.

Well, considering I've played out of these speakers and chose them over several others that as far as I know don't have the ability to receive firmware updates either I guess I'm safe. :mrgreen

Well, considering I've played out of these speakers and chose them over several others that as far as I know don't have the ability to receive firmware updates either I guess I'm safe. :mrgreen

I'm definitely going to demo one as well. If you are really happy with it that is a good recommendation. I was very compelled by the initial ads for them and they are very well received in most things I've read...I appreciate the discussion.

Hello all. I have had my Axe FX II XL for a little over a weak. I have a Line 6 L3t. I got it a little over a year ago when they were selling for a $1,000. So it's in my best interest to try to make it work. I think at first I had it hooked up wrong. I came out of the axe L&R output into the L3t inputs on the side with effect, mid,high,low. Sounded really boomy. Then one of the members on the forum had me plug into the single input jack on the side next to the RCA jack inputs. Still many of the driven presets sound dark. Not enough highs. I know that headphones sound a bit different than what the patches actually sound like. Are there any settings that need to be tweaked in the XL to help improve the sound from the L3t? I really don't want to drop another Grand on a clr or mission speaker if I can get a good tone out of the Line 6. Thanks in advance.

I have had my Axe Fx II for two weeks now. I run it into two Line 6 Stagesource L2m speakers. Same as the "L2t" but without the mixer....don't need the mixer as I just run the axe via left and right xlr into each speaker. I can still mix in backing tracks via the RCA inputs on one of them and they automatically configure to stereo to send the RCA input left and right because they are hooked up to each other via Link6. I couldn't be happier with the tone I'm getting out of these....

I have tweaked some presets to cut out extreme lows but overall have found them to get along very well with the majority of the factory presets. Also, I have found them to sound much better with guitar alone....I prefer to play my backing tracks through a Bose system and just run guitar through the L2m's. I just play for fun but love my new setup.

Hey pmd097, what setting do you feel sound the best ie, Reference/PA,Stage Monitor or Electric Guitar? I have a L3t. Also where do you cut out the extreme lows at? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom