Line 6 Insane?

grandinq

Power User
I was listening to an old recording I had done with my Pod XT and the Insane model. While it definitely lacks the Fractal magic, there is something about it that I like and would like to recapture in an updated way.

What Fractal model would be a good place to get to the feel of this amp. And what cab or dyna cab?

Having spoken to someone from Line 6 in the past, I believe the insane mode was meant to be unusable as a joke. They told me it was ‘something like a fully gained-out Soldano (preamp and power amp) slaved into a Recto’

I always thought it was an odd model, it sounded like the gain was up too high even when you turn it way low and clearly there is not much gain. Like overgained and low gain at the same time.

I still have an old pod pro and pod x3 for when I get a hankering for vintage pod tones.

https://c3.zzounds.com/media/English-56d23172d2f4f614d378952e9d534c5b.pdf

Top of page 10

Line 6 Insane – Our goal here was to provide you with as much input gain distortion as possible short of complete meltdown. You get ridiculous, rich tube drive to shame the distortion of pretty much any amp on the planet (sort of like a Mesa/Boogie® Dual Rectifier® on 10 being used as a preamp for a Soldano), while still retaining tonal definition and character. As a result, you’ll enjoy lots of bottom end and cabinet character with tons of wide-ranging tone shaping. Crank up the Drive and take no prisoners!

I remember liking this too back in the day but there’s so many better tones now. I mean, the new Revv is just balls!

For those interested, here is what I put together. Scene 1 is my take on the Insane as I remember it. It's a SLO100 Lead with corresponding Dyna Cabs. I added a CC boost for the over the top feel.

The other two scenes are me brightening it up a bit by adding a Recto Slant cab to the mix and adjusting the Input Boost types and levels.

Attachments

• 6Insane.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 11
I remember liking this too back in the day but there’s so many better tones now. I mean, the new Revv is just balls!
Definitely! Rev is the way forward for an insane tone!

I rather like the Channel B cab I made with Rev Purple 2 and any of the Reds

"...ridiculous, rich tube drive to shame the distortion of pretty much any amp on the planet (sort of like a Mesa/Boogie® Dual Rectifier® on 10 being used as a preamp for a Soldano), while still retaining tonal definition and character."

That seems like an oxymoron. But I'll try your preset! :)

Here's an update with some Rev scenes. I like Scene 5, Red 1 with a CC boost.

Attachments

• 6Insane with Rev.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 15
Back
Top Bottom