Line 6 Helix

What are your thoughts on the Line 6 Helix?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1fBuSjDnCw

There are some talented people for sure at Line 6. But they will always be held back by there corporate overseers. Until they free themselves of their insatiable need for more money they will just be a company with products made for the masses. I've owned several of their products and rarely ever do they update the firmware, they just come out with another product and make you buy it.

They claim that they have changed with this product and they are going to update the firmware. Only time will tell but for me I have all of the sounds that I want in the axe.

Now that the axe sounds as good as it does hopefully the creators will start focusing on UI for their products. I like the axe as well as he MFC but programming both is not as quick and easy as it could be. I am seriously considering selling off the MFC because of its lackluster ease of
Programmability. That being said I'm getting some pretty awesome tones out of the Axe and wouldn't think of sacrificing tone quality for a line 6 product at least for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate those Andertons guys. I just can't watch their douchey videos. The Helix looks good. it looks better when they aren't demoing it.

Reactions: Ole
I like watching the Andertons videos; they are what they are and most of the time they don't take anything too seriously which makes it entertaining.

As for the video I'm assuming it's the long one and to be really honest I was impressed with it. To me it's a hell of a lot better than the HD stuff which wasn't anything to write home about, but when you look at the price point and the market it fit a need and made sense. This is a big gamble on their part IMHO because making the jump to 3-5X as expensive puts this out of the reach of a lot of their customer base and most people in that segment are going to be looking at the big boys like FAS and KPA. I mean if I've got $1500 to spend I probably am not going to cheap out a few bills to settle for something lesser.

It's a nice piece of gear and I think that the interface and pedal integration is well thought out. Am I dying to get one? No I am not because even as neat as it is there isn't one thing that it brings to the table that I don't already have or can do better. It does bring some cool stuff to the general public that isn't aware of gear that isn't in stock at Guitar Center.

I do wonder how many months it'll be before the first patch rolls out on this one.

There are some talented people for sure at Line 6. But they will always be held back by there corporate overseers. Until they free themselves of their insatiable need for more money they will just be a company with products made for the masses.

You do know they are now owned by Yamaha (the biggest musical instrument company in the world)? I used to endorse Yamaha and they are massive. They have huge resources for R&D. I would wait and see if all that trickles down to Line6 and the way it does business.
The fact Line6 have managed to come up with something new instead of repackaging the same old tech year upon year would suggest things are changing due to the Yamaha buyout.
The fact that this will be available in pretty much every music shop worldwide should also guarantee good sales as people can sit with it for an hour before deciding if they want to buy one.
Fortunately, with youtube etc, you can get a pretty good handle on what a device can do. I watched a lot of youtube stuff on the Axe before buying one and I am very happy with that decision.
Competition is good but I don't think this Line6 unit will lead to a mass selloff of current Fractal stuff.

Because you asked so: I don't think the least fucking thing about the Line 6 Hélix. I'm just awaiting impatiently the AX8. Sorry for being a bit rude, but that's it man. Ciaou, keep on rocking.

Because you asked so: I don't think the least fucking thing about the Line 6 Hélix. I'm just awaiting impatiently the AX8. Sorry for being a bit rude, but that's it man. Ciaou, keep on rocking.
I'll be in Belgium and France next month . 6th- 21st. What are some good music clubs? And to keep in line with the post , totally agree. I spent 6 years working with line6 as a consultant, and the helix sucks!!! Fractal is way superior. Not a FB(fanboy)the Kemper is even more superior. 4.5 years to design and perfect???? As far a modelling goes Fractal or Kemper is the way to go if that's your cup of tea. Yamaha has tons of cash so in a year or two who knows? Remember , this was designed and financed by line6 so we'll see. And all those still employed at line6 that I worked with can kiss my a@: . You know why!!!!!

Last edited:
I'll be in Belgium and France next month . 6th- 21st. What are some good music clubs? And to keep in line with the post , totally agree. I spent 6 years working with line6 as a consultant, and the helix sucks!!! Fractal is way superior. Not a FB(fanboy)the Kemper is even more superior. 4.5 years to design and perfect???? As far a modelling goes Fractal or Kemper is the way to go if that's your cup of tea. Yamaha has tons of cash so in a year or two who knows? Remember , this was designed and financed by line6 so we'll see. And all those still employed at line6 that I worked with can kiss my a@: . You know why!!!!!
"Belgium and France" is a bit vaste in matters of "territory", so difficult to help you out for any music clubs. Club season is more like of starting in october until end of June over here and September is when everybody is discovering that work still exists after holidays :). But you can keep us informed about your travel Schedule and if there's anything I can do to help you, pls be welcome. BTW Line6 employé or not, I would not kiss your ass by any means..

"Belgium and France" is a bit vaste in matters of "territory", so difficult to help you out for any music clubs. Club season is more like of starting in october until end of June over here and September is when everybody is discovering that work still exists after holidays :). But you can keep us informed about your travel Schedule and if there's anything I can do to help you, pls be welcome. BTW Line6 employé or not, I would not kiss your ass by any means..
Really? Am I that grotesque?
I'll be close to Liile btw

Back
Top Bottom