Lillian Axe preset in the works...

Singtall

Experienced
Vendor
I have in my possession a FM9 belonging to Stevie Blaze from the band Lillian Axe, and I'm working on a preset for him. Steve was the guy I watched in the club scene as a teenager, and he really had a profound effect on my musical future. I'd like to pay it back with a preset or two for his FM9. Steve is still playing thru a 4-12" cabinet loaded with greenbacks, but I'm hoping to convince him to go all digital, especially when they have to fly into a city for a show.

His soundman Jay Frederick dropped off the FM9 saying that Steve used his (Jay's) personal modded JCM800 from the 80's to record the album entitled Psychoshizophrenia, and to date it's been Steve's favorite amp that he has ever played thru.

So I started with the amp model JCM800 #34 and tweaked from there. I made a tonematch capture, and exported the cabinet, but it just didn't sound exactly right to me, so I added one of my own IR's to blend with it.

Once I was fairly happy with what I heard I moved on to adding parametric eq's to make the tones of a few past cd's, and I saved those in different scenes. the clean tone is based on what he's currently using live already.

If anyone would like to tweak on the preset and share the results it would be really cool.

Attachments

• Psychoschizophrenia 800 34.fasBundle
    62.5 KB · Views: 28
Stevie Blaze is a highly underrated guitar player... I have seen Lillian Axe multiple times, and they never disappoint.

Opened a show for them waaay back 84 in Baton Rouge. He was a player then, I'll have to look them up

First time I saw them was in 85 or 86 at an old movie theater called "The Ritz" that had been converted into a venue. They had the short singer with the big fuzzy boots that was all over the stage. For years after I couldn't remember the name of the band, but "Misery...." had always stuck in my head.

In 88 (?) the last full cover band I was in was playing at "On The Rocks" in Deep Ellum. It was close enough to Reunion Arena that often times big name folks would drop in after their arena show. Stevie showed up one night. One of our sets started off with Misery. He got up on stage and used my rig to play with the rest of the band. Super nice guy.

no takers on helping with this preset? no comments from anyone that has tried the preset?

Thanks for posting the patch!

I may not have the ear for the finest nuances, but when I play the Crucified riff on the Psycho Tone scene, it sounds right to me.

I saw the guys several times each on the Poetic Justice and Psychoshizophrenia tours. Blaze gradually went from a more polished sound to really raw at the end. I was sad when he ditched the acoustic guitar on the performer stand....it added a lot to their sound. fwiw, I do remember that his cleans had a crazy amount of delay on them live.

Back
Top Bottom