Like the Bogner pedals? You got them already!

So guys... I find this conversation very interesting and plan to try a bogner pedal preset this evening. But, I'm curious; why would someone with all the modeling awesomeness of the Axe fx choose to run the XTC preamp as a pedal into a clean amp sim? Why not just run the XTC amp sim? Are you essentially blending preamps with different power amps?

So guys... I find this conversation very interesting and plan to try a bogner pedal preset this evening. But, I'm curious; why would someone with all the modeling awesomeness of the Axe fx choose to run the XTC preamp as a pedal into a clean amp sim? Why not just run the XTC amp sim? Are you essentially blending preamps with different power amps?

i guess the cheeky answer would be: just cause we can! :mrgreen

That's a good point, but if, for instance, your running a '59 Bassman patch and you run a Bogner preamp in front, your going through the tone stack and power section of the '59. That will color the tone dramatically.

Whether you like it or not is another question.

The same reason you would put a DRIVE block in front of an AMP block. Using the second AMP block has the benefit of lower CPU use than a DRIVE block

Because the Amp blocks have a DSP (one of two) for themselves. That DSP has room to spare. Adding a 2nd Amp block just adds a little overhead to the total DSP load.

Back
Top Bottom