Lifting Shadows Off A Dream Interlude - Mark IIC+ Lead Tone

dtpancio

Just messing around with the new firmware 19.00 and my Petrucci inspired Mark IIC+ lead tone.

Music Man JP6 Mystic Dream Lefty
Fractal Audio Axe-Fx II XL
Firmware 19.00
USA IIC+ BRT/DP
T808 OD
Double Digital Delay (1/4, 1/8 dot)

Sounds good dtpancio, really good. Are you planning on putting this patch on the AxeChange (I see you have some on there already, all Petrucci inspired)? I hope you do, I would really like to try it.

I think the USA IIC+ BRT/DP has become my new favorite amp model. The USA Leads (Mark IV models) have been my go-to's since I was a semi-early adopter of the Axe-Fx Standard, but I love how much more focused and "midrangey" the IIc+ models are, and that when set to a "V" curve on the graphic eq page, you can raise the 750Hz slider a lot more without it sounding muddy or unbalanced.

Thanks for the interest guys.

The core of this tone is this preset. These are two slightly different settings spotted in some recent Petrucci's Youtube videos.

I use OwnHammer IRs, in this case the two in the following image, but you can also use this two stock IRs:

073 — 4x12 CK USA Trad 57/121 (UR)
074 — 4x12 CK USA Trad 906/421 (UR)

cab.jpg

In this video I've added some blocks:

Drive: nothing fancy, just T808 OD with default settings I think.

drive.jpg

Delay: the most important block of this tone. It's a single digital stereo delay setted to mimic a double delay synced 1/8 on the left and 1/8 dotted on the right. This thanks to the ratio setted at 75%.

delay.jpg

Enhance: to create a spatial sound just like Petrucci does. The Width at 35% equals to 7ms delay between stereo channels.

enhance.jpg

Would one of you advanced users be willing to build this preset and share it instead of screenshots? I also do not see anything showing the 2 different delays which is realy what I am looking to accomplish--think Andy Timmons :)... Thanks in advance!!

The patch is posted for for XL. Those patches are not compatible for the II so screen shots are the only way. I'll try to post screen shots of the delay for you in you don't have an XL.

Sent from Moto X

Would one of you advanced users be willing to build this preset and share it instead of screenshots? I also do not see anything showing the 2 different delays which is realy what I am looking to accomplish--think Andy Timmons :)... Thanks in advance!!

Hi DBrianinAZ, the key is the ratio. From the manual:

RATIO – Sets the right channel time as a percentage of the left. 100% results in both channels having equal delay time. Settings close to 100% (e.g. 99.6%) will subtly widen the echo sound, while ratios corresponding to whole number relationships like 7:8 (87.5%), 3:4 (75%) or 1:2 (50%) will create interesting “grooves.”

Here you go...

Thanks ocaptainjr2.

Everything is setted to defaults, except Basic and GEQ panels.

I shared this preset before G3 technology so now I use the Brt/Dp version of the IIC+ and consequently speaker panel is setted slightly different but yet at defaults.

So, to build this preset, take the USA IIC+ Brt/Dp, change Basic and GEQ panels accordingly with these screenshots and add the other blocks like showed in my previous post.

That's it :)

And here I was last night painstakingly changing values on every page of the amp block to match ocaptainjr2's screen shots, while all the time admiring how much attention to detail was taken by dtpancio in making this patch sound & feel exactly as he wanted. :roll................:lol

Back
Top Bottom