Life in the fast lane preset?

rcm78

Experienced
Anybody have a good preset for this song? My preset lacks the punch from the record. It sounds double tracked plus there's both an LP and Strat. Both supposedly going through a cranked Tweed Deluxe.

Attached is my preset and honestly I've changed it so often I'm lost with it...

Attachments

• EAGLES.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 14
There are like 5+ different guitar parts with different tones overlapping all over the place. Where to start?
Yeah there is... I'm concentrating on the opening riff. I believe that's Joe Walsh playing a Strat in the #2 position into a 5E3 Deluxe.
The model behaves very closely to an actual amp but the tone stack is a little off from 9-12.
My main issue is the punch and clarity. With both channels cranked and plugged into the treble input these amps start to clean up and lose that boxiness they're known for. That's what I hear on the record.

The model does clean up as you increase the normal gain past 8 but the punch isn't there. It sounds very compressed with little attack... Maybe the model loses some accuracy with the amp cranked. Maybe that's how Cliff's Deluxe behaves. Either way, This tone is tough to replicate...

Back
Top Bottom