Library folder error when starting Axe Edit III - solved

Xcaliber

I'm having an issue with Axe Edit III on Mac OS Sonoma where I get an error when I start the app that says

Library
Unable to create library directory
Operation not permitted
Please correct the path in Preferences/Workspace

The issue is that none of the menus in the app work anymore either so I can't open Preferences to make the change. I recently cleaned out the external hard drive that was housing the Library folder (I was not aware that Axe Edit was pointed to that external drive) and made it into a Time Machine drive for backups.

Now it appears that Axe Edit cannot create the Library folder because that drive is no longer writable and I cannot update the Preferences.

Any ideas on what I can do to get the menus to work again? I've tried deleting and re-downloading and installing Axe Edit (the equivalent of uninstalling and reinstalling software on a Mac), but that did not fix the problem.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.
-X

Even when you're disconnected, and most of the menus don't work, you should still be able to get to System > Preferences. Are you sure that one's unavailable?

Thanks for the reply. The menus weren't showing up at all, the menu "header" was lighting up, but the drop-down was not there.

I was able to fix the problem by moving the app to another desktop (using Mission Control). When I moved it the menus (and block library) showed up again. Even after moving back to my "main" desktop it's still working fine. No idea what was wrong.

Reactions: Rex
Thanks for the reply. The menus weren't showing up at all, the menu "header" was lighting up, but the drop-down was not there.

I was able to fix the problem by moving the app to another desktop (using Mission Control). When I moved it the menus (and block library) showed up again. Even after moving back to my "main" desktop it's still working fine. No idea what was wrong.
At least it lives now. :)

Back
Top Bottom