LFP update - what to expect

InsideOut

Power User
My LFP is still on v1.99 firmware for several reasons. One is because it was a nightmare when I updated to that version. Completely borked my system until it was discovered that the midi thru setting was messing things up. Once it was fixed, it worked great so I've followed the "don't mess with it if it's doing everything you want" theory.

Well, now with the Axefx 10.03, it looks like I have to update the LFP in order to continue using auto load function. So I'm asking those of you who are on the latest LFP fw, what should I expect? Is it going to function the same, or are there any tweaks like the "midi thru" issue that I need to know about? I read that the new fw allows the LFP to auto assign IA's? Does this mean my current IA assignments will go bye bye?

Sorry, I'm crazy paranoid about messing this thing up, but I really want to be current so I can use auto load again. I use it all the time.

Thanks in advance for your input :cool:

I'm sorry I don't have any answers for you. Instead, I have the same concerns.

InsideOut said:
Well, now with the Axefx 10.03, it looks like I have to update the LFP in order to continue using auto load function.
Have you confirmed that LF v1.99 autoload will not work with AxeFX 10.03?

Terry.

I put 2.09 on my Junior yesterday, no problems at all.

(I should note, however, that I use amidi on Linux with a cheapo Uno midi interface. In three years it has never once failed to successfully load firmware on the first attempt, on either the Axe or the Liquid Foot Jr.)

You do need 2.09 to deal with the new sysex ID on the Axe.

quonsar said:
You do need 2.09 to deal with the new sysex ID on the Axe.

Thanks guys! Yes, the new axefx sysex ID was the first thing I noticed and the LFP version I'm on is only a 3 digit number so it gives me a "please connect a device" error when I try to auto-load. I assumed the new version would be able to communicate. I just wanted some reassurance that the new fw won't bork everything else like the tuner, my IA settings etc. If there's known issues and workarounds, I'd like to know them ahead of time. I can't afford 3 days of downtime like last time.

So what sysex Id should you use in the LF Pro?

Completely new midi user here. Just got the LF Pro yesterday and am using voes guide to set up but I don't think its updated with the latest firmware.

I know the LF pro is on 2.09 and I updated the axe to 10.3.

As usual, I'm at a loss here. The new sysex ID on the Axefx is 00 01 74. The LFP only allows 0 - 127 even with the new firmware. What am I missing??? I also had the tuner set up on 2sec hold on menu button. This no longer works.

EDIT: never mind, I found it. It's 116 (I read the readme, but didn't scroll far enough to the right the first time -DOH!). This fixed the tuner as well. And the peasants rejoice

Curious... this update DID in fact bork about 8 of my 16 IA assignments. It changed them all to 216 instead of the number that was assigned and matched the Axe. Not a big deal to change them back, but seems really odd to me. Why only some got changed? Why did they change at all. Every time I send a firmware update to ANY equipment (not just LFP), as soon as I hit send, I look up and ask God to please not punish me for what I've just done :roll: . Seems he's hard of hearing

Back
Top Bottom