LF Jr - Axe-fx Autoload error!

hey guys...so I updated the LF Jr to the latest firmware (2.03) and I keep running into this error when trying to autoload the axe-fx presets! Has anyone experienced this? If so can you guys help me out here? my specific error is: 51 - 00 - 010 thanks!

Yes! I'm not in front of my Axe at the moment but I think it is the utility menu - go there and scroll until you find "Send real time midi" and set that to "None". Then the LF's autoload should perform flawlessly!

When the Axe tries to send tuner / tempo information at the same time you are doing an autoload, it confuses the Liquid Foot.

quonsar said:
Yes! I'm not in front of my Axe at the moment but I think it is the utility menu - go there and scroll until you find "Send real time midi" and set that to "None". Then the LF's autoload should perform flawlessly!

When the Axe tries to send tuner / tempo information at the same time you are doing an autoload, it confuses the Liquid Foot.

hum...would that be I/O or utility...not sure but will give it a try tonight...the weird part is that LF loaded the first two presets only (studio lead, albert lead) and will not load the remaining... :eek:

Prophetaxxi said:
quonsar said:

hum...would that be I/O or utility...not sure but will give it a try tonight...the weird part is that LF loaded the first two presets only (studio lead, albert lead) and will not load the remaining... :eek:

I/O menu
MIDI tab
Send Realtime Sysex

Prophetaxxi said:
I did try setting that to "NONE"...did not work...still got the same error and only the first 2 presets loaded.... :(

try preset 4-10 and see what this does.
I sometimes get errors when syncin' with the axe-fx, especially with real complex presets.

I also ran into this error last night as I was setting up my Jr. I turned off the send syntex in realtime and it didn't solve the issue. So you're not alone. I had to manually finish my set up last night, It's not perfect but it will do for my gig tonight.

So far I was able to load 10 ouf of 252 presets...for some reason it's taking forever to load...I reset all the parameters on the Axe-fx and that seemed to work at least I haven't got any more errors...however the LF seems to be stuck on the process of loading the presets...

guys- we are looking into this... but...

I was with a customer yesterday who had the same issue before I got there.

1. I shut the real-time sysex off (set it to tuner only).
2. made sure the AXE was SYSEX ID 125
3. made sure the LF was sysex ID 127
4. we then shut power to the AXE off and turned it back on

did the autoload and it worked 100%. he was running v2.04. I will test a couple more times and then release v2.04 on Tue. the power cycling of the AXE seemed to work for this customer. just a suggestion. but I will find any incompatibilities and try to work them into v2.05 for the Tue release...

Noted v2.04 available for the LF Pro.

In the absence of LFJr. firmware, is there any way to manually slow the autoload down on the LFJr. (to allow autoload / sync to complete--I'm still getting errors)? Thanks.

EDIT: while I'm typing, I will add that the "awesomeness" of the LFJr. and it's live utility (8P & 8S toggling, unit size, LED readability, etc, etc) are very much appreciated. Thank you, Jeff!!!

You can download v2.05. It modified the Autoload to slow things down a bit.

It also has 6P mode now... I know a lot of you have been asking for it!

Enjoy.

Jeff

it's still not working for me. i get the presets to load maybe 1 out of every 10 times i try.

other things that are buggy:

1. i'm in 6S mode and every time i power off the LF Jr. it resets to 4B mode

2. IA switches 4,5 & 6 are not lit when i change patches (even though there are effects that are active)

3. when scrolling through the global menu i get to the "IA switch hold" screen and the LF Jr. freezes and i have to power off the unit

anyone else running into these problems?

jb70 said:
it's still not working for me. i get the presets to load maybe 1 out of every 10 times i try.
Same here, until I set the "Clear midi msgs" option on when uploading. WARNING : I have no idea what this option should be doing. Maybe it breaks something else. But then, it's something I don't use...

1. i'm in 6S mode and every time i power off the LF Jr. it resets to 4B mode
In the global menu, there's an option to tell the LF in which mode to start. It just doesn't automatically save the last mode.

2. IA switches 4,5 & 6 are not lit when i change patches (even though there are effects that are active)
I wouldn't know, I don"t use IA's yet...

3. when scrolling through the global menu i get to the "IA switch hold" screen and the LF Jr. freezes and i have to power off the unit
Same here. I reported it in "LF support" at the LF forum already.

Back
Top Bottom