LF + AFX2 X/Y

LAYGO

Experienced
I was curious with the tri-state LED, could the IA's be setup to represent a current IA's assigned block X/Y?

Off = Off
Red = X
Grn = Y

Yes, but you'ld have to setup different cc values for on/off states; eg green cc 100 value 000, red cc 100 value 127.

Mike

I don't think that's possible with the current firmware of the Liquid-Foot

I asked Jeff a long while ago already for this feature (long before the X/Y was possible)
Off = Off
Red = first layer
Green = second layer (holding first layer > 1 sec)

Sorry - my bad; I misread your post and thought you only wanted to switch between the X and Y states, - not turn the block off from the same switch.

Mike

I don't think that's possible with the current firmware of the Liquid-Foot

I asked Jeff a long while ago already for this feature (long before the X/Y was possible)
Off = Off
Red = first layer
Green = second layer (holding first layer > 1 sec)

Hmmm. That'd be cool. You've essentially tapped into what I was thinking.

I've set S1 to turn on/off Drive1. I've turned on S17 to toggle Drive1 X/Y. I've set IA 1Sec to 1. So all you'd have to do is hold down the same IA toggle X/Y, but 1st layer still turns the effect on/off. It would just be interesting to know visually if it was X/Y by color of S1.

What I was planning to do, when my AxeFX arrives, is to use the Step-Thru feature. That way I can turn the effect on (activate X), switch to Y and then turn the effect off, all with one switch. The disadvantage of course, is that X and Y would use the same colour of LED.

Terry.

(Doing this at work, not in front of the pedal)

I think this would offer the most flexibility (ensure "IA 1 Sec" is enabled):

Delay1 Bypass: CC#47
Delay1 X/Y: CC#106

S1 (<1s) (Turn X "on"):
ON MSG:
- CC: 106 VALUE: 127
- CC: 47 VALUE: 127

OFF MSG:
- CC: 47 VALUE: 0

S17 (>1s) (Turn Y "on")
- CC: 106 VALUE: 0
- CC: 47 VALUE: 127

Step on S1, it'll always be X. Step & hold S1, it'll always turn on Y. I'm not sure what the S1 LED would be though w/o experimenting if it was off & I just stepped & held S1 >1 sec.

I'll need to mess with this some more . . .

Another way would be to make S17 just toggle X/Y w/holding S1. It would require that you step once to turn it on, step again to toggle Y. Step again to get off.

EDIT:
http://www.voes.be/liquidfoot/jr/expert_trigger.html

Reading that about triggering IAs, we could link S1/S17 to always show the S1 switch as ON when toggling Y on by holding S1 > 1 sec. I think the order might go something like this:
Hold S1 > 1 sec
S17 On MSG1: IALink S1 to On (it'll turn on X)
S17 On MSG2: Turn on Y

I'm not sure if there'll be a quick blip of X settings audio before switching to Y. Again, need to experiment.

Last edited:
i'm having trouble getting the x/y and jr to work.. I have it setup as ia4, sends cc 100, if i go into a patch, and it's in x, then i click the IA and it does nothing, second click it switches to Y.... cant figure this out.

update: figured it out :) i reversed the values.. 0 becomes 127, 127 becomes 0. so now when i go to a patch, i hit the button and it goes to the y amp. talk about a lot of flexibility. dial in an amp for a good grind, copy over to y, kick on the boost, tweak it out.. good stuff.

Last edited:
Ok, now that I've gotten more proficient at programming the LF Jr, I needed to revisit this. I didn't set it up like I described, but I got this working:

S2: Delay1 On/Off
S18 (page 2): Delay X/Y

If Delay1 is on, I hit/hold S2 again, it will switch to Y. I hit/hold it again to bring it back to X. Tap it to turn it off.

The "problem" then is if I turn it on, switch to Y, then turn it off, when I turn it back on, it will be Y. I need to implement what I had thought out above: Hit S2, its always X, hold S2, it's always Y. Turning off S2 & reverts back to X.

From the Axe-Fx2 manual:
Data values from 0–63 will select the Y state, while values from 64–127 will select X.

S2 On1: CC: 106 Value: 127 (Delay1 X/Y set to X)
S2 On2: CC: 47 Value: 127 (Delay1 set to On)
S2 Off1: CC: 47 Value: 0 (Delay1 set to Off)

S18 On1: CC: 106 Value: 0 (Delay1 X/Y set to Y)

BTW, thanks again to Voes for the actual LF Menu walk. Using that & finally understanding whats going on there, I was able to implement this during a break at practice. Figuring out how to do it w/o the editor is helpful too because it would've taken longer to get the laptop booted, editor loaded, changes made, than it took to actually do it via the stomp programming. I just need a cheat sheet for the different modes & what not.

I'm setup using the 8S/6P mode toggle w/menu as the quick tap, tuner, and menu activation working flawlessly. I love the portability of the LF Jr & would love something like it in the LF+ series. Now to figure out why my Mission expression pedal has stopped working.

Thank you for documenting this approach. I have it set up on one IA now, and I'm finding it quite useful.

Terry.

Back
Top Bottom