Level for SPDiF output

I am not sure if this is related to your issue, but i had strange cliiping / pop noises because of using the wrong kHZ settings on my interface. On my RME Fireface i have to use 48khz, nothing else works with the FM3/FM9. I am using the SPDIF clock of my RME interface for the FM9, but on the FM3 my RME must use the external SPDIF clock of the FM3. The FM3 cant use an external clock.

I am not sure if this is related to your issue, but i had strange cliiping / pop noises because of using the wrong kHZ settings on my interface. On my RME Fireface i have to use 48khz, nothing else works with the FM3/FM9. I am using the SPDIF clock of my RME interface for the FM9, but on the FM3 my RME must use the external SPDIF clock of the FM3. The FM3 cant use an external clock.
Good point, but my issues are not related to the clock rate. I have it set to 48kHz and it just does not work properly when the rate is wrong. The issue relates to the lack of ability to control the output amplification of OUT1 via the potentiometer (which I usually keep set at noon for front of house analogue out). Hence on some presets it overloads on SPDIF as it defaults to full output (at least that is what I have concluded from various comments and explanations above)

Last edited:
Reactions: smp
Back
Top Bottom