Level adjust and scenes

morelia

Inspired
If I change the level of a block (in this case a distortion block) in scene 2 and then change back to scene 1 should it revert to the original Scene 1 setting? Just wondering because I thought scenes might be an easy way to get a boost but the level setting doesn't seem to be recalled (actually more the opposite, whatever the last change was, carries over into the other scenes)..

No - Scenes only recall the bypass states and the x/y states of the blocks. I usually control my scene levels by adding filter blocks with boosts or cuts. The filter block would be off in scene 1 and on in scene 2 for a boost.

You can also attach a scene controller to the level parameter in the drive block. Then it would work almost like you describe, but it is a little more cumbersome to do.

Awesome, thanks for the reply.

It's not possible to run a second amp or cabinet block even if one is always in bypass is it?

So can I have the y state in scene 2 and x state in scene 1 or is that not the point of the xy state?

You can also use the control 1 and 2 switch to change the level of anything that you can attach a modifier to. You can use this feature to change parameters within scenes.

- Use the output mixer level control (this setting is saved per scene) to get different levels per scene (as mentioned by blackmoreguiar) e.g. solo boost.
- Use a modifier to the amp's imput gain to set different amount of it per scene.
- Use stereo option at the cab section, pan each fully aside and give the right channel a few milisec delay to mimic the 2 channel studio recording feel. This creates space for the sound which is really awesome and handy.
Whit this few options I could make a fully gig ready preset with 4 different sounds (rhtm, solo, crh, cln) with around 50% cpu usage.
Some tricks I learned from tutorial vids ;)

Still struggling with this. Have pretty much decided what I need to do is have the expression pedal come on (wah) and auto switch on another block to boost by (I don't know) a couple of db.

I've tried inserting a vol/pan block using the following instructions.
----------------------------------
-Right-click on the wah "control" knob and the modifier screen will appear. This is where you'll see the parameters I mentioned above, plus the dot & modifier graph/curve.

Add a vol/pan or filter block and right-click its "balance" knob. This is where you'll need to match the source/autoeng/offvalue seen in the wah modifier, and set min/max to 0.0.
---------------------------------

All that does is kill the sound to a point where I can only just hear it.

Back
Top Bottom