Let's show some love! What is the thing about the Axe3 that made you grin recently?

I get a kick out of all of the different ways I can monitor and or record. It sounds great through my headphones, studio monitors or power amp out to my 1x12 redback, 2x12 creambacks or 4x12 greenbacks. I love how easy it is to route to any of these options. It's a great piece of gear and I have sold all of my amps because of it.

On an FM9 but when my band is discussing cover songs and they ask "Can your flux capacitor make that sound?" ... and I just smile.
I know I can get pretty much any tone I need out of it and get compliments each gig and almost every practice.

I love the ability to play any real amp tone I want (and as cranked as I like) quieter than I normally play. At the wrong side of 50 years old, not playing out and with some hearing loss and tinnitus from years of doing it with the real thing, it's a godsend to me to be able to play through headphones or modest-volume monitors so my head isn't buzzing for hours after
99% of the time I also play pretty quiet, for the same reasons. But when I turn it up it sounds even better.

Todays “AXE-FX III Grin” moment:

Came across a guitar player that sounded really great, found they were using an old Fender High Power Tweed Twin.

Checked and we have one modelled in the AXE-FX III, normal, bright and jumped no less and a nice double verb spring reverb. Built a preset in about 5mins and total bliss.

Did a quick search online, all the amps that come up with the Fender 5F8 circuit seem to be £10-15k or more and I had one waiting for me in the AXE-FX III.

Very new to this and there is just so much in it. Learning more every day. I think ultimately it boils down to how much I am learning, or trying to learn that I would never have done without the unit.

But so far the biggest moments for me have been the Starship Flanger preset, being a massive Yes fan (especially the Wurm scene). But also just starting to understanding how to use things like ADSR/LFO stuff.

Damn! This thing is a beast!

Checked and we have one modelled in the AXE-FX III, normal, bright and jumped no less and a nice double verb spring reverb. Built a preset in about 5mins and total bliss.

Did a quick search online, all the amps that come up with the Fender 5F8 circuit seem to be £10-15k or more and I had one waiting for me in the AXE-FX III.
The 5F8 has been a constant favourite of mine for edge-of-breakup tones. Very unique avour with just the stock cabs and takes pedals excellently (both analogue IRL ones and in-the-box ones).

EDIT: makes me grin all the time that an amp that sounds great mostly at ear-piercing paint-peeling volumes can be played at whisper quiet volumes and still respond with all the sag and thump that makes the circuit magical! This goes for every amp but this amp in particular brings a lot of joy!

for me.... after using a Fractal since my original standard back in 2007, this year I have been firmly getting into synths... and my AFX as a dedicated FX processor for my analogue synths has had me grinning from ear to ear.

Back
Top Bottom